Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR
Mar 20, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #377 of 3,462
Man I wish I could get my card shipped soon, there's not even an ETA mentioned when they will be in stock where I ordered from (said 5-10 days earlier). :frowning2: Cheap as I am couldn't resist the price, now I'm regretting it. >_<

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #378 of 3,462
My Budget Is 170$ 
Suggest One Of These : 
Essence STX
Zx
TiHD

Mainly For Music And Movies
Headphones : Didn't Choose Yet But I Think It Would Be HD598
Speakers : Creative T6200 5.1 ( Not Very Excellent Ones )

Mainly Listening To Rock , Blues ,, And Some Symphonic Metal

Can't Exceed The Budget In Any Way ...

I Woul Really Appreciate It If Anyone Could Help Me

P.S The Sound card Mustn't Have 5.1 Outpot .... I Could Use My Old X-fi For That

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #380 of 3,462
Quote:
Thanks Mumbles37!

Tigerdx619,
Do you think you can have both your old X-Fi card and a new one installed at the same time without running into driver conflicts and glitches?

If I Were Sure ... I Would Go For The TiHD Or STX
But I Could Change To Some Decent 2.1 Speakers  ,,, Would I Still Need To Change Cable Every Time I Switch, In The Case Of STX or TiHD

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #382 of 3,462
Quote:
I'm wonde
I'm wondering the exact same thing, except with a titanium HD instead of the fatality.

It seems like most games don't use hardware processing nowadays and you get the benefits of better sound quality. I've certainly noticed noise when using headphones and I move the mouse (not all the time, but sometimes, in games) and the shielding of the zxr is meant to fix that (im just trying to convince myself to get it)

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #384 of 3,462
Just took the plunge on a ZXR from Newegg about 30 minutes ago. They were out of stock since I first checked a few days ago but I got an email notification telling me they were back in stock. I'm replacing an X-Fi Fatality Ti card I've had for over 2 years now. It's done well paired with my RSA SR-71a and DT880 and MD Tributes. I'm hoping and expecting the ZXR to be even better. I'm also hoping and expecting that Creative have finally got their driver woes in check with this new line of cards...It's been a nightmare battling the drivers on my current card these 2 years.

Mar 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #385 of 3,462
Quote:
Just took the plunge on a ZXR from Newegg about 30 minutes ago. They were out of stock since I first checked a few days ago but I got an email notification telling me they were back in stock. I'm replacing an X-Fi Fatality Ti card I've had for over 2 years now. It's done well paired with my RSA SR-71a and DT880 and MD Tributes. I'm hoping and expecting the ZXR to be even better. I'm also hoping and expecting that Creative have finally got their driver woes in check with this new line of cards...It's been a nightmare battling the drivers on my current card these 2 years.

Great to hear.
Please share your first impressions when you have tested your ZxR!
wink.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #386 of 3,462
Quote:
Hi, would it be an upgrade for me going from an x-fi fatal1ty titanium either the Z/Zx or ZxR? I primarliy game so I'm wondering if the lack of hardware processing would make things better or worse.

Thanks

I went from the Ti Fatality as well and just got my ZxR today..Hell yes it's an upgrade. Well as far as plugging headphones straight into the headphone out and listening to music it blows the Ti Fat out of the water. I can't really say anything for gaming as I'll just output a digital signal to my 5.1 receiver for that application. But this card powers my 250ohm DT880 so well that I'm not even gonna worry with using my SR-71a to amp it. I mean I'll try it but this thing sounds fantastic all by itself and I don't need to turn the volume knob past halfway with no gain enabled.

The last 2 Creative products I bought were hit and miss but with the ZxR, I'd say Creative is back on top of its' game.

Mar 28, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #387 of 3,462
It sucks, this ZxR card is nowhere to be found here in my country atm and there's no availability at any of the importers either according to the contact person at the place I put an order on it... guess these Z series cards doing exceptionally well, the demand seems to be huge.

I want the card damn it! xD Already waited 2 weeks+.

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #388 of 3,462
Quote:
It sucks, this ZxR card is nowhere to be found here in my country atm and there's no availability at any of the importers either according to the contact person at the place I put an order on it... guess these Z series cards doing exceptionally well, the demand seems to be huge.

I want the card damn it! xD Already waited 2 weeks+.

That sucks man. I went to not even knowing the card existed to owning it in less than 3 days lol. I live in the same city as a Newegg warehouse so I get 1 day shipping for the price of 4-7 day shipping. It'd be even better if I could just walk in and buy stuff but it's not a shopping center.

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #389 of 3,462
You could try and run under the parking garage door before it close and bring a shopping buggy with you, tho of course they will grab you by the shirt and throw you back out the door, Along with the shopping cart.

Mar 29, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #390 of 3,462
Quote:
I went from the Ti Fatality as well and just got my ZxR today..Hell yes it's an upgrade. Well as far as plugging headphones straight into the headphone out and listening to music it blows the Ti Fat out of the water. I can't really say anything for gaming as I'll just output a digital signal to my 5.1 receiver for that application. But this card powers my 250ohm DT880 so well that I'm not even gonna worry with using my SR-71a to amp it. I mean I'll try it but this thing sounds fantastic all by itself and I don't need to turn the volume knob past halfway with no gain enabled.

The last 2 Creative products I bought were hit and miss but with the ZxR, I'd say Creative is back on top of its' game.

Great to hear, my sennheiser hd-595s were ok on the fatality but I'm sure the high quality headphone amp will make them sound even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back