Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR
Jun 5, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #661 of 3,462
Quote:
And after all that if you go into Windows Sound, and right click your main output device (for me it just says speakers on Sound Blaster Z) and hit configure, its on 5.1 and not 2.0/stereo, thats the issue were having, you can set it to to 2.0/stereo, but once you reboot/wave from sleep, it defaults back to 5.1 with the headphone port

That is interesting. I never noticed that before. I get the same configuration display in my Windows.

However, since I bypass Windows Audio completely in my configuration via WASAPI Event Style (using J River 18), I get Headphone Stereo 2.0 through my ZXR, no matter what Windows says.

Jun 6, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #664 of 3,462
Quote:

Where does one find beta drivers? Any changelog?

http://support.creative.com/downloads/welcome.aspx?nDriverType=11#type_11

Quote:
File Name : SBZ_CD_L13_1_00_20_BETA.exe
This download contains the beta software(s) and application(s) for Sound Blaster® Z-Series. For more details, read the rest of this Web release note.

Take note of the following:
  1. THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. There is no technical support for this driver.
  2. We recommend that only experienced users install this driver. Do not install this driver on a system used to perform critical tasks.
  3. Users who are looking for stable drivers should wait for the final release. When this happens, user should install the latest Sound Blaster Z-Series driver available.
This download supports and is applicable for the following models:
  1. Sound Blaster Z (SB1500, SB1502)
  2. Sound Blaster Zx (SB1506)
Added Enhancement / Features:
  1. Multiple fixes that improve the driver's overall stability and performance
  2. Added support for ASIO playback and recording
Requirements:
  1. Microsoft® Windows® 8 32-bit or 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit
  2. Sound Blaster Z or Sound Blaster Zx

Jun 6, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #665 of 3,462
Quote:

http://support.creative.com/downloads/welcome.aspx?nDriverType=11#type_11

The problem seems to be it's not available for all regions yet, it takes me to the finnish creative site and it doesn't have that file yet...

Oh wait, it says for Z and Zx only?

Jun 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #666 of 3,462
I appreciate any help .

I have the Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe with i7+16GB ram.....and 680GTX with creative ZXR.
All was perfect , until I got a new 680 for sli, and had to change the place of the creative zxr from pciexp1_3 to PCIex1 blue1_1 (the other remaining PCIE1 blue remaing is between the sli cards)
SO now @ random power on just befor the UEFI or the boot logo appears an irritating hiss like sound comes from the speakers connected to the ZXR, and when windows load, I can only see (in the device manager)sound blaster audio controller +sound blaster zxr dbpro , what is missing is the "sound blaster zxr" that used to show when there is no hiss .
I changed the place of the ZXR to the PCIe1_3 between the sli cards, and after many attempts no hiss came, even tried the PCIe16_3 (the black one)and the his came back .
The only fix was to place the card between the sli card which gave me 7 degrees increase in temp in the GPU1.
I removed the 2nd 680gtx card and kept one and tested to see if the problem was from the sli, and the problem stayed, so I concluded that my ZXR only liked the PCIE1_3! any logic?
This his is not"Sound/os/bit-rate related" as I mentioned the hiss starts just before the boot screen, and I have a corsair AX850 .
The problem is strange, when the Hiss/static sound starts the Sound blaster ZXR is not in the devise manager as with the above picture only Audio controller and dbpro are there.
So I can not chose the card as a default player as its not being "fully detected" hence no sound will be played except the hiss/static like sound.
The card will work without the hiss sound sometimes and sometimes not! in the PCIEX_1.
The only position where this issue is absent is between the GPU cards in PCIEX_3...I know this makes no sense but I tried every imaginable scenario, and yesterday updated to bios 2003, thinking maybe ....unfortunately, nope!
I left the PC off for 6 hours and then turned it on and the hiss is still there , so the thermal issue is not the case.
The only other fix , if there is hiss, is to turn it off and on again and the hiss is gone??!!

Jun 6, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #667 of 3,462
You could try updating UEFI. No idea what's causing it.

I have P8Z77-V and Zx in top slot:
faultq5xz0i5uta.jpg

No hiss or static at all. Zero interference as far as I can tell.

Jun 6, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #668 of 3,462
Quote:
You could try updating UEFI. No idea what's causing it.

I have P8Z77-V and Zx in top slot:
faultq5xz0i5uta.jpg

No hiss or static at all. Zero interference as far as I can tell.

How do I update the UEFI? you mean latest bios? Yesterday I updated to the latest bios 2003.
Downgarde?

Jun 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #669 of 3,462
2003 is the latest so that's all about it then... I'm using 1908 myself. But if you had the issue before upgrading, I wouldn't downgrade. These boards have UEFI so calling it BIOS for whatever reason seems pointless these days.

Jun 7, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #671 of 3,462
For me the Recon3D stop doing it when I put it in sleep mode once and came out of it. I doubt that will fix it for you like it has for me.

Jun 7, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #672 of 3,462
For me the Recon3D stop doing it when I put it in sleep mode once and came out of it. I doubt that will fix it for you like it has for me.

Aye, me too since i tried that several times

Tried this; uninstall drivers - >clean ->reboot ->clean ->reboot -Install new drivers -> reboot -> set to stereo in windows using the headphone port (set to headphones in creative control panel) -> Sleep -> wake -> it resets to 5.1
Tried that about 8 times Also tried to just set it to sleep before the first reboot after install and it made no difference
What compoments are you guys keeping?, i only have the driver and control panel installed, removed the rest, W7 x64 SP1 fully updated

Jun 7, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #673 of 3,462
Quote:
2003 is the latest so that's all about it then... I'm using 1908 myself. But if you had the issue before upgrading, I wouldn't downgrade. These boards have UEFI so calling it BIOS for whatever reason seems pointless these days.

I removed everything from my motherboard except a single 8GB module with the vertex 4 ssd, and used the on board vga, and still had the hiss issue with all the PCIEX slots except slot 1_3 & 1_4.

Strangely slot 1_2 (which was off as I am using the Sata 6g E12 and this turns the slot off as they share resources) when enabled (hence disabling sata 6g E12) will only show : 

Where the unknown audio deviceshould be sound blaster zxr! and the card will not work (no sound).

may I ask you to test this slot 1_2 after enabling it from bios and see what happens.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #674 of 3,462
P8Z77-V has a bit different slot layout.

I'm not sure if the bottom slot (x16_3) even works since I have the second sata controller in use too.

By the way, it looks like I have the speaker issue too after updating the drivers. xD

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #675 of 3,462
Quote:
P8Z77-V has a bit different slot layout.

I'm not sure if the bottom slot (x16_3) even works since I have the second sata controller in use too.

By the way, it looks like I have the speaker issue too after updating the drivers. xD

Please can you elaborate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back