Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR
May 6, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #543 of 3,462
Quote:
who hear thinks the Bass sound strange since the driver update few days ago ??

The new driver caused lots of pops while booting....I kept the old driver.

May 6, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #544 of 3,462
Funnily, my experience with Audigy cards were that with the drivers on the CD, like really old drivers, it sounded best to my ears.

May 6, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #546 of 3,462
No difference here, other than Flash audio in Firefox and IE10 blasts my ears if I use headphone out.

May 7, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #547 of 3,462
So if you have the HD-Titanium, would the ZXR be an upgrade? 

is it worth the price upgrade? 

Thanks.

May 7, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #548 of 3,462
These cards have been out of stock in Finland for over a month! I guess demand really must be huge. :O

I've waited for my ZxR card probably 5 weeks now lol. Strange thing is, they are cheaper in Finland than germany for example, I don't know why finnish retailers doesn't simply up the price as the demand is so huge anyway, not that I complain, I just find it weird.

May 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #549 of 3,462
I should mention that I have experienced a pretty nasty bug with the latest drivers (about a month old) on my ZxR. About a day after installing them I went in to the Creative control panel and noticed that the entire control panel was blank. Meaning I couldn't change any options in it. Pretty system breaking bug for me as I switch between DTS encoding and no encoding quite frequently. Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver did not fix the problem. I actually had to to a full Windows restore to before I installed the latest drivers to fix it.

May 9, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #550 of 3,462
Quote:
I should mention that I have experienced a pretty nasty bug with the latest drivers (about a month old) on my ZxR. About a day after installing them I went in to the Creative control panel and noticed that the entire control panel was blank. Meaning I couldn't change any options in it. Pretty system breaking bug for me as I switch between DTS encoding and no encoding quite frequently. Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver did not fix the problem. I actually had to to a full Windows restore to before I installed the latest drivers to fix it.

My advice, change the  ZXR PCi-E location, as this happened even with a full system reset with the "OLD Recon" later after 4-5 days of the reset, and only this stopped it from ever happening again.

I advise against using the latest drivers..

May 9, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #551 of 3,462
My advice, change the  ZXR 
PCi-E 
, as this happened even with a full system reset with the "OLD Recon" later after 4-5 days of the reset, and only this stopped it from ever happening again.

I advise against using the latest drivers..

Unfortunately my SLI GPU setup won't allow me the luxury of using another slot. If it happens again I'll just take my computer for a swim. Yeah that'll show it.

May 10, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #552 of 3,462
May 10, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #553 of 3,462
Hey people, I'm just wondering how exactly this card differs from the Titanium HD.

I've searched through the thread a little and I found out that:

- It's newer and will have "better support"
- it has a second card with some extra connections
- The SNR is 124dB instead of 122dB

...But what else is there?

Does it actually have an headphone amp or is it just a high powered jack like the TiHD? Does it still support CMSS-3D and ALchemy and all of that good stuff?

I'm a TiHD user with an external headphone amp and I love the card for it's insane versitality: Superb sound quality in bit matched Audio Creation mode for music listening and great positioning in Gaming mode with CMSS-3D headphone with ALchemy for games (I play a lot of source games which are DS3D based).

Should I feel bad for having a TiHD now this card is out?

May 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #554 of 3,462
One of the main differences between the two is the  Z has a headphone amp, while the Titanium HD has op-amp sockets which the Z doesn't

May 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #555 of 3,462
The ZXR do:

http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=112623

Replacing Op-Amps on Sound Blaster ZxR
[size=xx-small]Keywords / Key Phrases: opamp, op-amps, operational amplifier, op-amp replacement guide, zxr, sound blaster zxr

Summary:

1. Applicable To: Sound Blaster ZxR
  2. This article provides information on changeable op-amps in Sound Blaster ZxR card.

The Sound Blaster ZxR comes with 4 op-amps that is customizable to your sound preferences. The front set of op-amps (SET A) uses the Single DIP (LME49710) type. The rear set of op-amps (SET B) uses the Dual DIP (NJM2411D) type. The card currently has the most optimum setting for the 4 op-amps.
If you find that one of your op-amps is faulty and it needs a replacement, follow the steps below:
1.You will need a flat head screw driver to remove the op-amp for replacement. Pry and alternate between both ends of the op-amp carefully in order to remove it completely from the op-amp socket.
2.To insert an op-amp, please ensure that the pins are not bent and check that they are positioned in the correct orientation. Once the pins are properly aligned to the socket, press the op-amp gently but firmly into the op-amp socket. Ensure that all the pins are inserted fully into the socket.
Click to enlarge

sbzxr_opamps_pin.jpg

[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back