Creative Nomad Zen UI question
Aug 22, 2003 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NewSc2

500+ Head-Fier
Hi everybody, haven't been around here for a while~

My friend has a Creative Zen, and he swears that the Zen's OS won't sort out tracks of albums by track number, and rather it sorts it alphabetically. I can't believe that Creative would leave an option like that out in the GUI, but I've tried searching online and haven't found many sites dedicated to the Zen.

Can anybody help?

Basically when he goes Albums -> Pink Floyd -> Wish You Were Here.

The ID3 tags of the mp3's have the track number. (I sent him those mp3's, I burned them myself and on my iPod, they're sorted out fine) So they should come out:

1 Shine On You Crazy Diamond pt. 1
2 Welcome to the Machine
3 Have A Cigar
4 Wish You Were Here
5 Shine On You Crazy Diamond pt. 2

but instead it ends up playing

1 Have A Cigar
2 Shine On You Crazy Diamond pt. 1
3 Shine On You Crazy Diamond pt. 2
4 Welcome to the Machine
5 Wish You Were Here

Aug 22, 2003 at 8:56 PM Post #2 of 3
In the Zen, if you open a list of tracks by artist, the listing will be alphabetical. If you open a list by album, it will be by track number.

So, if you're looking at the artist selection for Pink Floyd, open it, and make sure that you're looking at album rather than track titles (you can toggle back and forth). Play the album, and the tracks will be in the correct order.

Aug 23, 2003 at 6:13 AM Post #3 of 3
It's sounds like the Zen is not reading the track number field in the ID tags or the track numbers are wrong. If your track numbers are correct, when you open or play an album, it will display them in their correct order.

I always tag my songs using Mp3/Tag Studio and I have never had a problem. I've even listened to Pink Floyd's The Wall Discs 1 & 2 in order without any problems.

Go here to download Mp3/Tag Studio:

Mp3/Tag Studio 3.0

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back