Creative G5 discussion and reviews
Dec 14, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #32 of 645
Well... Can't wait to see the G5 go on sale next year for 50 dollars. They shot themselves in the foot this time. Not like I'm going to buy it anyways. I do want to read about how it sounds compared to other devices (via PC of course)

My Recon3D will do me just fine for now
I suppose...

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #33 of 645
If I could get more power from the MixAmp and less hiss it'd be perfect. I do really like the surround mixing it does.

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #34 of 645
If I could get more power from the MixAmp and less hiss it'd be perfect. I do really like the surround mixing it does.

We've been saying this for years, but Astro doesn't feel the need to address the issue since it seems to work fine with their headphones.  And they want you to buy their headphones.

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #36 of 645
I am confused. What does this thing do? How does it do surround? Is it done through the USB?

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #37 of 645
Virtual 7.1 Surround through USB, only on PC
Virtual Stereo Weirdosound through USB and PS4

Dec 15, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #40 of 645
Well I've ordered in the United States... Have the X7 already but I'll check it out. I figure at the 110 price I paid should I sell in the future I could recoup most of the cost.

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #42 of 645
My G5 has just arrived so I'll give it a try tonight and see if I can compare with my Mixamp 2011.

I'm nowhere near an audiophile and couldn't give a proper review with all the terms and lingo so it'll just be very basic thoughts.

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #43 of 645
i also received the email. So tempted. I have the mix amp from 2010 and think its great. Im only on console and just concerned the G5 won't have good positional sound.
Been keeping my eye on this, it has impressive specs. but you have to use the tritton headphones 
blink.gif

http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/katana.asp

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #44 of 645
For the curious, the G5 manual is posted on Creative's site. http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blasterx-g5

I've been looking thru these this morning... I have to say they are ca-ca...lol
They show all the ways the G5 can be hooked up to various devices. But there doesn't seem to be any specifics on configuring anything. Nothing discussed on chat for consoles. One page shows the G5 hooked up to a console via optical another shows it via usb. I suppose not having the product in hand doesn't help. But I just expected a little more explanation especially for a product with the label "professional gaming".

I'll be curious to see what exactly this does for consoles, at the moment it all seems clear as mud!

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #45 of 645
HA, my thoughts exactly. For a new product launch the instructions and marketing is terrible. Especially with the success of new gen consoles I expected better marketing.
Isn't the PC gaming community shrinking? Hell, theres more people playing Battlefront than Xbox One and PC combined! 
EDIT: I do give then credit for the discounted price tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back