Creative EP-830 released
Nov 1, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #31 of 37
I have the Sony EX71, Ety ER6i, Shure E4c, Shure SE530 and recently bought the Creative EP-830.

I would say it would make a good backup earphone, I am impressed with it's clarity since it's only £9.99 online if you know where to look. The bass is kinda tight and controlled, not really bloated, mids are pretty clear and upfront, highs are good maybe a little shrill and blunted with transients. Overall, it sounds pretty balanced and it's great for the price.

This is all subjective though, just my opinion.

Nov 3, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #32 of 37
Today i received my EP-830 and i got some shots for you.

Its from my mobile phone so please cut me some slack
tongue.gif

Nov 4, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by smsmasters /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Sony EX71, Ety ER6i, Shure E4c, Shure SE530 and recently bought the Creative EP-830.

I would say it would make a good backup earphone, I am impressed with it's clarity since it's only £9.99 online if you know where to look. The bass is kinda tight and controlled, not really bloated, mids are pretty clear and upfront, highs are good maybe a little shrill and blunted with transients. Overall, it sounds pretty balanced and it's great for the price.

This is all subjective though, just my opinion.

Agree, EP-830 has emphasis on the mids, if you love vocals this would be a nice phone for you. Bass-heads on the other hand will be disappointed - might sound thin and lacking on the bass dept (anyone second this?) but somehow I'm loving it.

Nov 4, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #34 of 37
I found bass sufficient but has sharp highs.

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #35 of 37
after some burn-in (around 200 hours now) the bass comes out more consistently but I find it not tight enough for my taste. I miss the punchy and thumpy bass from full-sized hp's. the highs vocals are perfect except the lower mids and upper bass sound microphonic and unnatural.

Nov 6, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #36 of 37
Is the cord still the same as the 630 one ? Because these iems are the ones I couldn't break... and that's nearly impossible for me. I got them since a year and the sound is still as good as one the first day. No cable errors nothing !

btw on the first site the post about the aurvana. They're bass bloated ?! No sorry they aren't ! You'll be pretty disappointed if you're a basshead about the aurvana

Nov 7, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

Is the cord still the same as the 630 one ?

Yes, I borrowed from a co-worker. They have identical wiring that causes a handful of microphonics when it rubs against your clothes especially if your wearing a polo or anything that has collar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back