Creative EP-830 released
Mar 16, 2008 at 7:07 AM Post #2 of 37
EP-8** models are reserved mostly for the better 'phone in Creative lineup. I wonder how this one will play out?

Mar 17, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #4 of 37
when will they be abailable in the us. If it's cripsy with less bass, then i'll sure as hell be first in line if they're anywhere near a good asking price.

Mar 18, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #7 of 37
Yeah, Zen Aurvana can be bought $50~60 now, even directly from Creative (if you get their mp3 player bundle pack)

I reckon if EP-830 is anywhere near the SQ of EP-880 (which is rebranded ATH-CM5), it will be a good buy.

Mar 18, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #8 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by minimelody /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read from epizenter.net that someone who managed to get the earphones commented the sound to be richer. Is it already available in store?

Richer? I hope this does not mean more bass...as the ep630 is already too much in that dept.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KUNFUCHOPSTICKS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From that link i saw the flagship Aurvana IEM- their only balanced armature IEM. Anybody know anything about these? They are pricey at $170

Aurvana was bloated to me. Not high on the list of my IEM experience.

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #10 of 37
I spent about 1hr with them. Listened to them amped, and unamped.
I actually like them better than the Aurvana In-Ears and EP-630s! The 630's bass is too overwhelming, same for the Aurvana. The 830 has a more balanced sound, and has improved clarity over the 630s. It's a no-brainer for the price, really!

Quote:

Originally Posted by radio303 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
really wonder if it's got sound and, well, neck strap: EP-635 has neckstrap but is white, senn cxl400 has neckstrap but unavailable(

No neck strap, sorry! They're just like the 630s with a normal "Y" cable.

Apr 5, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #11 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanbomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spent about 1hr with them. Listened to them amped, and unamped.
I actually like them better than the Aurvana In-Ears and EP-630s! The 630's bass is too overwhelming, same for the Aurvana. The 830 has a more balanced sound, and has improved clarity over the 630s. It's a no-brainer for the price, really!

No neck strap, sorry! They're just like the 630s with a normal "Y" cable.

thanx, seems like i will go for fischer audio (russian local brand).

good news, bad news)) according to the photos, they seem sort of design-over-convenience - what's your impression about this looking at the facts?

Apr 30, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #13 of 37
My EP-630s are my main protable phones at the moment and I am very happy with them.

That said the EP-630's are not perfect, so if the EP-830s fix the shortcomings at a reasonable price I will be first in the queue!

Simon

Apr 30, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #14 of 37
I've had a brief listen to it. I know design is subjective and all, but damn! It's a fine looking pair of earphones. Sleek and very classy looking.

As for the sound, there's a nice bass thump with good clarity - and that's an improvement over the EP630's right there and then
biggrin.gif
The 630's sounded really muddy to my ears. Mids, sounded slightly "hollow" and recessed- it's kinda hard to put it into words. I wonder if it's the source (Apple 80GB Classic) or the encoded music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back