Creative EP-635
Aug 5, 2007 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Ninjax

Head-Fier
Theres no much topics on this, but they look really neat. It's a neat upgrade, and same price as the previous version. I want to buy a pair, what do you guys think?

Aug 6, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #2 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Theres no much topics on this, but they look really neat. It's a neat upgrade, and same price as the previous version. I want to buy a pair, what do you guys think?

blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
Did you look hard enough?...they are just white versions of the EP630. There are plenty of topics on them.

Aug 6, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #3 of 14
That same name also used in white lanyard version of EP-630, I believe.

Aug 6, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #5 of 14
I saw one in Singapore last month myself, It is just normal vs. lanyard. Same spec, same drive, same sound. The only upgrade you gonna get from EP-635 is just the neck strap.
prod11397_hdr_1_6_1.jpg

prod14744_hdr_1_6_1.jpg

Aug 6, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #6 of 14
they're good for the price range.

Aug 6, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #7 of 14
I've bought them, when they arrive, I'll compare them to my brother's ep-630.
If you look at from a different angle, you'd see it's a great upgrade, as the normal thin wires can easily snap.

Aug 6, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #8 of 14
^ must be pretty rough with them wires, eh? :p

i just got a pair of free ep-630s and they sound alright

Aug 6, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've bought them, when they arrive, I'll compare them to my brother's ep-630.
If you look at from a different angle, you'd see it's a great upgrade, as the normal thin wires can easily snap.

There's a material used on the cables that I wish would be used on my other headphone cables as well. Such a material does not make the cables as tangle prone as my Etymotic's cables (which are now a bundled hair-like mess right now.
rolleyes.gif
)

The stock one is fairly good in my opinion and has not been an issue for me during commutes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ must be pretty rough with them wires, eh? :p

i just got a pair of free ep-630s and they sound alright

+1 Especially coupling the small + medium tips together. Small tip's added treble response + Medium tip's bass response =
cool.gif

Could be more detailed but I find that the signature to be quite enjoyable with every genre I've tried.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 7, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

+1 Especially coupling the small + medium tips together. Small tip's added treble response + Medium tip's bass response =

can someone explain to me on how this happens...

I tried putting on the large tips and the sound was just plain awful (I don't know if I was just being a basshead or not).

Aug 7, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #12 of 14
I find that the small tips result to a more trebly signature. The medium sized tips on the other hand gives you bass (especially when shoved far inside the ear). So what I did was use the small tip on the right side and the medium tip on the other side.

Aug 7, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #13 of 14
they're good for their price. i have the ep-635 and listened to my brother's 630. i didn;t hear any difference in them. the difference is that the 635 is white and is thus priced higher and it has an extremely short cord because of its lanyard.

Aug 7, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #14 of 14
lol, no, what I meant was is there any reason behind the medium sized tips having more bass than the small ones...

I'm guessing it's because it seals off the sound and directly goes to your ears (?) as opposed to the small ones which doesnt seal off our ears that much (?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back