Creative E5 <-> Macbook Pro
Jul 10, 2015 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

garage_logician

New Head-Fier
I just got the E5 today so it might be user error but I am having some issues.  The first thing I did was connect to the E5 via bluetooth to my Nexus 6.  Using the creative android app I was able to control and select all the various parameters.  Everything sounded great.  Next I disconnected the phone and connected the E5 to my MacBook Pro via the suppiled USB<->Micro USB cable.  I installed the latest drivers from Creative and then updated the firmware on the E5.  I then restarted my MacBook Pro and power cycled the E5.

The issue is that while I can play music (using Google music) through the E5 the only thing I can control is the volume.  Any of the other SBX controls have no effect.  I can turn the SBX effects on/off via the E5 or the control panel and each seemingly disable/re-enable the SBX controls but there is no change in the music.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
-g

Jul 10, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 2
I think the obvious thing to do is to uninstall + restart + reinstall. Also note that E5 can be hard reset by pressing and holding down the volume and power bottom at the same time, for 5 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back