Creative Aurvana Live! or AKG K 240?
Oct 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #2 of 12
Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80), $50 on eBay.

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #7 of 12
But what about them is better? 

The sound :wink:

Sorry. I just couldn't resist. :D

Actually, I'm curious if PurpleAngel would rate the HSR-1000 better than his Sony MDR-V6, which is another headphone in the same budget range that you might consider.

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #8 of 12
  But what about them is better? 

The larger cups on the Gemini make my ears more comfortable and I believe the Gemini has better over all sound quality, then the K240/K242HD.

Oct 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #9 of 12
The sound
wink.gif

Sorry. I just couldn't resist.
biggrin.gif

Actually, I'm curious if PurpleAngel would rate the HSR-1000 better than his Sony MDR-V6, which is another headphone in the same budget range that you might consider.

I really am thinking about it but i would of liked to know more about them, i mean they're a lot cheaper, 54 on amazon

Oct 22, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #11 of 12
I don't have any say on any of the other headphones mentioned here, as I don't own then, nor have I heard them. But what I can tell you is that I really enjoy my AKG K240 Studio. While, as PurpleAngel mentioned, the earcups or whatever may not be as large, they fit quite nicely over my ears. They do not clamp at all and are fairly comfortable to wear for long time spans, on a long day I can spend up to 8 hours on my K240s without taking them off, except for natural reasons. What I can say is that I fully enjoy the sound that the AKG K240 Studios make, I actually prefer them over the AKG Q701, as I feel the bass in the K240 is slightly more "powerful", which I like. The detachable cable is a really nice addition, cable dies you can swap it out, want a longer cable swap it out, want a better one swap it out. Simple as that.

Looking at the Creative Aurvana Live! headphones, I might actually find them slightly annoying because of the two sided cable. And depending on your needs and usage, it can be an hindrance. I listened to a pair of Sennheiser  HD 203 at a store once and that was the one thing that really stood out. This was of course before I decided to buy the K240. A good point of the Aurvana Live is probably the impedance though, 32ohms is a lot lower then 54ohms. So it can be driven easily on PMPs and laptops.

Just my opinion, though I am extremely bias towards the AKG K240 Studios, as I own a pair, and won't ever regret the purchase.

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #12 of 12
The sound
wink.gif

Sorry. I just couldn't resist.
biggrin.gif

I do prefer the HSR-1000s over the MDR-V6s, but I have not used my MDR-V6s in months, to maybe I should do a fresh comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back