Creases from Banana Stands?
Sep 19, 2011 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

HairPhones

New Head-Fier
I bought a banana stand for my cans, but it makes a crease where the padding is placed on the hook.

Would this crease ruin the padding or the sound quality in any way?

Sep 19, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 8
English is not my first language so what exactly did you mean by "crease" ? That means damaging the pads right ? If that is the case, why not wrap some tape around the hook and make it smooth ? Your pads will affect your sound. If you push your headphones against your ears and therefore deflating the pads, you'll hear a noticeable difference.

Sep 19, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #3 of 8
I'd say that the crease is like a dent.

I don't mean to say that the crease is on the earpads, but that the crease is where I hang my headphones on the banana stand - so the crease is on the top cushioning, below the top of the headband.

I'd take a picture to clarify, but I don't have a camera with me.
frown.gif

Sep 19, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #4 of 8
I would not use the banana stand anymore, or wrap it with a cushion that helps distribute weight on the hanger.

I don't think it is a threat in any way, since it is just the headband (if they were the earpads then I'd assume you would lose sound isolation if they were closed back phones). Just set the hp's down on the table when not in use and I believe as time goes by the dent will undo itself.

cheers

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
I bought a banana stand for my cans, but it makes a crease where the padding is placed on the hook.

Would this crease ruin the padding or the sound quality in any way?

Why would a crease in the headband change the sound quality?

Like the above poster said, you can simply use some sort of padding to spread out the pressure. Purely a cosmetic issue.

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #7 of 8
My DT880's get a crease from their banana stand but it goes away after a few minutes and doesn't hurt the headband in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back