Crazy
Dec 30, 2012 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

draacor

New Head-Fier
So I finally found a place where I could try some headphones out. Tried out the dt770 80s, Shure 840s, and sennheiser hd380.

I can say without question the hd380 was the worst, didn't feel comfortable at all and it sounded like a tin can. The biggest surprise came when I tried the dt770s. From all the reviews I've read I heard they were the most comfortable. Well definitely not for me. The velour actually made my head itch I though it was very uncomfortable.

All in all I ended up going with the 840s because they actually felt the best and the sound to me was phenomenal and even without an amp which was my goal. I thought about the custom one pro that mal recommended but after hearing the dt770 80s the sound just didn't impress me much and I didn't want to take a chance on returning yet another headphone ( previously I tried the athm50, k550, and grado sr80i).

I always thought I would love the feel of the velour pads but it finally took actually finding a place to try them to change my mind.

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 7
How can you NOT like the beyer velours? They are almost too soft for me. Are you allergic or something :p

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #7 of 7
The 840's are nice.  Really like their sound. The only thing I don't like about them is the comfort.  For long listening sessions the pads on my ears become too uncomfortable.  I also would not describe them as portable as they tend to fall off my head with any movement at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back