Crazy deal @ Newegg! Image X10 for $179
Aug 26, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #16 of 40
Page loaded, no Image anywhere on it...

Aug 27, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by aphexii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use Live.com cash back for another $10 back (it uses the pre-coupon value for determining cash back).

Damn you man!!!!

I told myself I wasn't going to pull the trigger on this deal, especially after recently purchasing both the SA6 and PK2. The $10 cashback pushed me over the edge. What am I doing??????

Aug 27, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #23 of 40
They still have but now for the MSRP....Guys you have to realize that sometimes while posting about those deals, the manufacturers do their move in the back, and remove them as they have retailer rules to follow...they can not let any dealer to sell below certain prices otherwise they will kill the authorized dealers...

I tested the code and is still working but honestly hurry up, they will not last for long!!!!

Aug 27, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #25 of 40
Shame they don't ship to Canada... even as broke as I am, man... I was soooo gonna get them. Been wanting to try these for months now....

Ah well... maybe next time.

Aug 27, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #26 of 40
The page says "Deactivated Item" for me.
smily_headphones1.gif
That's funny.

Aug 27, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #27 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The page says "Deactivated Item" for me.
smily_headphones1.gif
That's funny.

Yep, same.

SoundEarphones.com just recently ended their Klipsch sale, too, going back up to MSRP for their entire Klipsch line. Amazon.com's price for the Image X10 is back up to MSRP ($349.99) as well.

It's interesting that all these major retailers raised their price back to MSRP at the same time (or even deactivated it
tongue.gif
). You can still find the Klipsch X10 for way below retail when going through third-party sellers on Amazon or eBay, but one must keep in mind that manufacturer warranty is only valid from authorized dealers.

Maybe the clearance of the X10 model is a hint at something new coming soon, or perhaps it was a marketing strategy by Klipsch to attract more attention to Klipsch headphones (notice the increase in hype and interest with all these price drops). Inevitably, some of the people that took advantage of these lower prices will write reviews and thoughts on Klipsch earphones here at Head-Fi, some perhaps boosting their image. Pun intended.
tongue.gif

Aug 27, 2008 at 2:49 PM Post #28 of 40
You are no doubt right. I can't believe Klipsch isn't behind this to create some "buzz," but who knows. I do know that if you check the X10 "cheap" thread, the longer one, Amy (Klipsch rep) said they were not available on Amazon at the $211 price from Amazon, but she turned out to be mistaken. Then, she said they would not be at that price much longer. Guess she was right.

As you say, there are plenty of non-authorized sellers out there around $200, but both Amazon and Soundearphones have bumped the price back to $349.

I am still checking out the X10s against the SA6s, and it's pretty close. As others have mentioned, the sleeves make a difference. Right now, I am using the large Image gels with the Sleeks and the mediums with the X10s. Using the same DAP, song, etc., no amp, they are close, but different. I like them both for different reasons. And at $191, I am keeping the X10s, because I can always sell them later if it turns out I am not using them much.

I can say this much about price. I would not keep theX10s at MSRP. Not worth $350 in my view. Then again, I have not ventured into the TF10 or SE530 price world for the same reason, content with the Sleeks and now, the X10s (at the Amazon price).

That being said, I could not recommend the X10s for $350, so if Klipsch was trying to create a buzz, consider that a buzzkill. The 179-$211 is just about right to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back