Crazily fast international shipping from headroom....but WAAY too expensive!
Feb 27, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

What was the value of what you were shipping?

Suffice it to say, that it was quite a bit, the insurance was probably what took it over the top. It just happened to me today, so I was just blowing off some steam.

Overall fed-ex and UPS are still good services and international shipment will always be quite a bit more expensive (obviously not to my extreme). As with all postal services, there's always that .5% that your package is lost or damaged... nothing you can do about human error. All you can do is insure packages as much as possible if it's relatively expensive.

Feb 27, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,

Although certainly not inexpensive, FedEx remains the best way to ship pricey gear internationally. Their brokerage fees are not (quite) as pricey as UPS and the FedEx online package tracking is second to none. Our HeadRoom 'loss' rate for FedEx packages is nearly non-existent. Plus they are typically a VERY fast & secure delivery service to boot ... wish we could say the same for other shipping methods!
confused_face.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales & Service Manager

Thanks Jorge.

Maybe I should fly out to pick up my HD 800s!!!!

I am not having good luck with USPS.

I also have been waiting for a set of in line XLR audio attenuators since Feb.09.

Feb 27
tongue_smile.gif

Royal mail this morning:....Your item, posted on 10/02/09 with reference RJ220342866GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

I am not holding my breath.

Feb 27, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In addition to what Jorge said for any US folks who would prefer to use another shipping vendor (say USPS for smaller items) Headroom has always been willing to do this as far as I know. It just usually takes a phone call since there is a limit to what the webstore can show for options.

As always, Mr.Maher is correct! Thanks for the reminder!
wink_face.gif

Give our HeadRoom sales team a call for USPS shipping on less expensive goodies. However, please keep in mind there's no tracking service available via USPS International -- so we can't use USPS for anything remotely valuable ... Also if the package is lost/stolen, there's no refund via USPS!
redface.gif

More shipping policy details can be found at the HeadRoom link below:

Shipping Information - HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales & Service Manager

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #19 of 19
Hello, Well I must say i certainly prefer fedex over ups. With fedex you get a letter telling what you have to pay and with ups you have to pay at the door or you wont get your parcel. I know credit card is common in th usa but I dont use it often. About usps i know some ppl have had problems with it in the past but doesnt emi (their highest service but one) offer tracking and insurance? I think it costs about 30 dollars so should still be less expensive then fedex.
Greetings, Anouk,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back