Crazily fast international shipping from headroom....but WAAY too expensive!
Jan 28, 2009 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

XXII

Headphoneus Supremus
So I place an order for some B-stock stuff on Friday. The shipping ended up to be $40 dollars for USPS which is at least $15 more than I expected. Anyways, because of the great price on the headphones, I was not too upset about absorbing this cost. To my surprise, the package arrived on Wednesday which is probably the fastest I've ever received anything from the US.

My point is this: Surely you can ship via a slower service that costs around $20-25?? I'm sure many people would want to pay less and receive their order a few days later... or at least have the choice to do so.

Oh, and I would like to thank Jorge for his professional service dealing with my order. If the shipping costs are sorted out I am sure I would order from Headroom again in the future.

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #2 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I place an order for some B-stock stuff on Friday. The shipping ended up to be $40 dollars for USPS which is at least $15 more than I expected. Anyways, because of the great price on the headphones, I was not too upset about absorbing this cost. To my surprise, the package arrived on Wednesday which is probably the fastest I've ever received anything from the US.

My point is this: Surely you can ship via a slower service that costs around $20-25?? I'm sure many people would want to pay less and receive their order a few days later... or at least have the choice to do so.

Oh, and I would like to thank Jorge for his professional service dealing with my order. If the shipping costs are sorted out I am sure I would order from Headroom again in the future.

Maybe you should put me in charge of shipping to Hong Kong, for you!!!! (the headphones I sent you went out Priority USPS didn't they?)LOL Hope you are enjoying what ever you bought!

Feb 11, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #4 of 19
i just sent a fw OPA627s to Japan via USPS priority..took about 6 day..sent my Beyers to Hungary via the same service...am expecting a similar turnaround time.. TO hungary it cost 23$ or thereabouts.

You probably got express international shipping.

Feb 11, 2009 at 11:00 AM Post #5 of 19
I find this all the time, shipping cost higher than the product itself. For example, a Canare coaxial cable from an ebay seller, cost of cable USD38,92 (may be cheaper, that is the "Buy it now" price), and USD36,50 to Spain via USPS Express Mail International, or USD32,95 to Spain via USPS Priority Mail International....

Does not make sense to me....
confused.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 11:04 AM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandrakespain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find this all the time, shipping cost higher than the product itself. For example, a Canare coaxial cable from an ebay seller, cost of cable USD38,92 (may be cheaper, that is the "Buy it now" price), and USD36,50 to Spain via USPS Express Mail International, or USD32,95 to Spain via USPS Priority Mail International....

Does not make sense to me....
confused.gif

I write so many letters at minimal cost to me, i.e., just the envelope and paper and then send via FedEX at a MUCH greater cost. I don't see what the problem is.
redface.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I write so many letters at minimal cost to me, i.e., just the envelope and paper and then send via FedEX at a MUCH greater cost. I don't see what the problem is.
redface.gif

Are you saying that what you write is not important?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandrakespain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you saying that what you write is not important?
very_evil_smiley.gif

beyersmile.png

Are you basing the value to you, of what you purchased, only on the price tag?
wink.gif

I'm an international customer and do feel your pain too. Believe me. However, these shipping services do operate at a nominal expense per package. As a result, you may order a very expensive and small item with a relatively small shipping cost. You may also order a large and cheap item
leading to a high shipping cost, which ends up exceeding the cost of the package.

The shipping companies only care about the package size, weight and whether or not it's fragile. The cost does come into the picture for security reasons during the shipping. So it's quite easy for a cheap package's shipping to exceed it's cost value.

Feb 26, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, I agree with this. I would certainly be willing to wait a bit longer for my order if it costs less. Fedex is VERY expensive, i would much rather have stuff sent via usps. Everything else is just great though.
Greetings, Anouk,

I sent a set of GS 1000 with a ballanced Blackdragon cable to a headfier here from Italy, USPS first class the same way I sent the K 340s to hong kong they are god knows where??? Fri will be one month. Total loss for me all $1000.00.
UPS next time for me. (USPS does not insure packages to Italy I think I know why!

Feb 26, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent a set of GS 1000 with a ballanced Blackdragon cable to a headfier here from Italy, USPS first class the same way I sent the K 340s to hong kong they are god knows where??? Fri will be one month. Total loss for me all $1000.00.
UPS next time for me. (USPS does not insure packages to Italy I think I know why!

Oh cripes. I'm so sorry to hear about this man!!!

triportsad.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #11 of 19
Don't even get me started about fully insured UPS international shipping... I had to pay $300+ and then when my package finally arrived they charged me an extra $200 for "brokerage fees."

You read that right: $500+ dollars for insured international shipping...

Feb 26, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamenthe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't even get me started about fully insured UPS international shipping... I had to pay $300+ and then when my package finally arrived they charged me an extra $200 for "brokerage fees."

So I don't lose another $1000.00 How should we ship international?

Feb 26, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #13 of 19
Hello,

Although certainly not inexpensive, FedEx remains the best way to ship pricey gear internationally. Their brokerage fees are not (quite) as pricey as UPS and the FedEx online package tracking is second to none. Our HeadRoom 'loss' rate for FedEx packages is nearly non-existent. Plus they are typically a VERY fast & secure delivery service to boot ... wish we could say the same for other shipping methods!
confused_face.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales & Service Manager

Feb 26, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamenthe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

confused.gif
confused.gif

What was the value of what you were shipping?

Feb 27, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #15 of 19
In addition to what Jorge said for any US folks who would prefer to use another shipping vendor (say USPS for smaller items) Headroom has always been willing to do this as far as I know. It just usually takes a phone call since there is a limit to what the webstore can show for options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back