Crappy Shure Zip Cases
May 23, 2007 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Spyro

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone else agree?

I have had 3 and every one of them was quite difficult to zip...always getting stuck. What makes the problem worse is that you cannot tell if the zipper is just stuck on it's own or a cable is in the way. I have already put a nick in my E530 cable. Not enough to be considered truly damaged but enough to piss me off.
mad.gif

May 23, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 20
do the 3-finger cable windup, or get a small camera case for your DAP and wind cable around DAP.

May 23, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #5 of 20
Nope... Mines ~3 years old and still going strong. Its managed to out-live my e2c. I use it with my Jays IEMs.

May 23, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #6 of 20
yea, but i think its good, the ultimate ears aluminium case looks like a good smack and its gone, no ability to absorb damage it will just crack or bend to a form thats unusable, the ER6 pouch is horrible, especialy with those thin cables, you spend 5-10 minutes just untangling the headphones, and the ER4 suitcase, looks like you´re transporting nuclear material then a pair of headphones, i think that soft nylon pouch gives good protection and good impact absorptions while mantaining good size and portability,

May 23, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #7 of 20
My E2C round case is ok. My E500 oval case is not. It got stuck closed once! It is hard to zip. Also it is too small for the E500 + PTH. I bought a $6 black eye glasses case from REI that basically is the same type as the Shure case. It works a little better and has more room.

May 23, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #9 of 20
I havent seen the e500 case. But I hated the e2c/e3c case due to the spindle inside, I used a small allen key to remove the spindle, and now the cases are pretty decent. (Although I dont use them normally)

May 23, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #10 of 20
I have two, round w/ and oval w/out. IME both work superbly & I love the spool! Works great with just a teensy bit of patience. I view
it as part of the listening ritual -a wind down as it were
biggrin.gif

Shure cases are a godsend. Love em.

May 23, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #11 of 20
I like my E2c case. As long as I pay some attention to what I'm doing, I never have trouble using it

May 24, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #12 of 20
I love the Shure case that came with my E500s. I can fit my E500s plus my 1G iPod Nano in it with no problem. I only had one problem with my zipper when I stupidly zipped the iem cord up, but that was honestly my fault. Shure quickly replaced them and I'm a happy camper again!

May 24, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #14 of 20
My hand is small enough that when I loop the cable it's diameter is smaller than the case's and it doesn't snag on the zipper. Needless to say, I haven't had much trouble using the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back