cracked superfi5 pro/guitar center story
Mar 28, 2006 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

glenmorangie

100+ Head-Fier
so last weekend i bought some superfi 5 pros from guitarcenter..and when i got them home i notice a small crack in one. they started getting worse..3 in the first one and a small one developing in the other within a week.
i assumed guitar center would override their "no returns on earphones because of health reasons" because they cant resell them in that condition therefore there is no health concern. wrong! they were rude and stubborn about it. trying to stick me with a product that was broken when they sold it to me
the first guy tried to put the refund through..took my credit card and after i signed for the refund his computer flagged it and said it couldnt be refunded.
after i argued with his manager over it manager finally agreed to exchange them but no refund. ok....he went away...first guy again to do the transaction. he said he needs to get my credit card again to pay for the exchange as the refund did go on the credit card. after lmao for a few seconds i demanded he show me a receipt for the refund and after being satisfied.....see ya later suckers. salesman threw a fit like i was stealing or something ha what a bunch of jerks thinking i would actually give them the money again for a faulty product. never shopping there again! i would recommend to people to hold off on the superfi's or at least check into it until they get the problem solved. there is another thread here about this.

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #2 of 10
you should've dealt with UE instead. I'd think you'd have an easier time exchanging it.

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #3 of 10
thats what i would have done if it didnt work out at gc. i think gc damn well should have returned the money (which they did unwillingly and by accident). they made a profit off the sale of something faulty so they should refund. why should i have to wait weeks and pay for shipping etc on something that i spent a large chunk of money on?
i thought it was funny about hearing it is company policy and they wont refund. even when he was trying to get me to pay again he was saying that. sorry its against my policy to get screwed by greedy arrogant salesmen.
anyways im glad it turned out the way it did because i got to give it back to a bunch of arrogant crooks. it felt really good to go from the powerless consumer getting the shaft to...see ya later dumbass
icon10.gif
funny he thought i would accept their word as law and hand over my money again.

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #5 of 10
Wow. This is the exact opposite treatment I got when I had trouble with my DT-770s. After having them for less than a week, something came loose inside the left earcup and I could hear it rattling around when I had the headphones on or off. I packed the headphones up and brought them back to the GC where I bought them. I told them what had happened, and about how I had only had them for a week, and that they had been on my desk the whole time, and that I hadn't even had time to abuse them. The guy helping me took them, gave me a brand new pair, did some typing on the computer, and told me I was good to go. He didn't even check to verify the problem. It was easily the best retail experience I have ever had.

So please don't be so quick to give Guitar Center a bad rap. I'm sure most shops handle IEMs this way. It's a function of the product, not the store.

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #7 of 10
yes it is different...the health policy. but my argument with them was that because they couldnt be resold...no health issue. they should have done the right thing and and refunded, especially since they were damaged when they sold them. all i got was arrogance and "company policy" if they were going to give me new ones...that goes against policy anyways. they just wanted to keep my money. it all depends who you get...i happened to get a jerk.
i am okay with giving them a bad name on this issue because they behaved badly. im sure its not going to bring the company down. and i hope they lose a few dozen sales of superfi's because they deserve it.

"It's a function of the product, not the store" i think the manager has the authority to refund...he chose to stick it to me instead of doing the right thing.

Mar 28, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #8 of 10
Yes, I was treated the same by phone three times and once in the store in person. The guy treated me like I was challenged. He was arrogant with both me AND my dad.

But in the end, I had the last laugh
evil_smiley.gif
Don't worry, nobody was killed, save my wallet.
tongue.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 8:29 AM Post #10 of 10
GC was very cool with me. i walked in there with a Roc Pro 1000 which i couldn't unload even for 100 bucks on ebay or harmonycentral - but they gave me more than that in trade for my new Vox amp, whee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back