Cowon Z2 (Next Cowon Player?)
Feb 5, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #46 of 58
This Z2 looks great !

As soon as you can, tell us more about this Z2 ! 
I'd like to know its audio performance : is it like the J3 or less good ?

What about the booting ? Is it like the D3 (1min) or less ?

Thank you :)

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #47 of 58
I think the sq will br the same as the C2, J3, & D3. 'cause according to the users they all sound the same(do correct me if I'm wrong). cowon hasn't done much change to their sound signature apart from a couple more new effects did they(hardware/software wise)?

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #48 of 58
Izzi going, thanks (in advance) for your review! Please let us know about battery life, SQ and overall smoothness, be as detailed as you can. We'll all appreciate it! :)

I'm looking at this Z2 closely, as I would like to replace my S9 (maybe) if the reviews turn out to be positive.

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #50 of 58

Quote:
I think the sq will br the same as the C2, J3, & D3. 'cause according to the users they all sound the same(do correct me if I'm wrong). cowon hasn't done much change to their sound signature apart from a couple more new effects did they(hardware/software wise)?

I read a lot of tests, on lesnumeriques.com (the French DigitalVersus.com) for example, and it seems to be clear that the D3's sound quality is a bit inferior than the J3 or the S9.
The J3 is actually the better Cowon for sound quality, followed by the S9. 
Anyway, the quality is doubtless here, but differences does extist. 

But it's difficult to say if this differences are audible... 

I hope the Z2 will be the next most powerful Cowon MP4 player !

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #52 of 58

Quote:
I read a lot of tests, on lesnumeriques.com (the French DigitalVersus.com) for example, and it seems to be clear that the D3's sound quality is a bit inferior than the J3 or the S9.
The J3 is actually the better Cowon for sound quality, followed by the S9. 
Anyway, the quality is doubtless here, but differences does extist. 

But it's difficult to say if this differences are audible... 

I hope the Z2 will be the next most powerful Cowon MP4 player !

Thats strange because I own both the Cowon J3 and D3 and I think the SQ of the D3 is better than the J3. The D3 has better bass and Soundstage than the J3. However according to some people over on Anythingbutipod the D3 and J3 share the same Wolfson DAC so the D3 and J3 actually produce the same sound quality.

Feb 5, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #54 of 58
I just wanna see how good this is,...I expect it to be everything the D3 wasn't - and that's excellent!

May 23, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #56 of 58
For those with the Cowon Z2, have you encountered this weird problem - I can't play some FLAC files with the native Music app. It just says "Unknown Error" and skips to the next track. The same file however, can be played in Poweramp with no issues.

May 23, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #57 of 58
It might be the compression level.

May 23, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #58 of 58
Year of the Zs.   Sony has an Android based Z series player out now too. Already had a Z from Creative labs.   Problem I see is "what comes next?".   Do we start over with double letters?  AA perhaps.  Perhaps by then we'll be back to AA sized batteries you can replace.  Lithium cells of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back