Cowon PLENUE M2 (Current Firmware and Manual Links in 1st post)
Apr 5, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #287 of 545
All of mine headphones are easily driven and sound splendid with PM2.  I almost never use IEMs. You must have a headphones with very high impedance?

Hi Soundtrap,

I want to use PM2 with an AMP like Fiio A5, how do I connect it to an AMP using the optical out? I don't want to use the headphone out as it is already an amplified signal. A5 has only a line in, no optical in.

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #288 of 545
All of mine headphones are easily driven and sound splendid with PM2.  I almost never use IEMs. You must have a headphones with very high impedance?

Hi Soundtrap,

I want to use PM2 with an AMP like Fiio A5, how do I connect it to an AMP using the optical out? I don't want to use the headphone out as it is already an amplified signal. A5 has only a line in, no optical in.
Have you done that before ? And you believe that will make it sound bad?

Apr 5, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #289 of 545
I just got my P M2 today!
Unboxing, total class!!!  Love the understated look, classy.
And I have not really listened yet, just turned it on and listened to the included songs a few mins.
WOW, Love at first listen, I am blown away with the BASS!!!!!  And that is with no boost.  This baby is what I have been looking for!!!!
Now loading it up with songs, this is taking a long time.  I got a 200 GB mini SD to go in it, and with the 128 already on board, there is LOTS of music I can load in it.
Then I will really listen.
For serious.
More to come.
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #290 of 545

Yes, I am already using my Cowon Z2 with Fiio A3 via headphone out as there is no line out. I always here hissing and sound is not perfect when listening at high volumes. I used E12 with Fiio X7 using headphone out and line out, sound is way better via line out.

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #291 of 545
  I just got my P M2 today!
Unboxing, total class!!!  Love the understated look, classy.
And I have not really listened yet, just turned it on and listened to the included songs a few mins.
WOW, Love at first listen, I am blown away with the BASS!!!!!  And that is with no boost.  This baby is what I have been looking for!!!!
Now loading it up with songs, this is taking a long time.  I got a 200 GB mini SD to go in it, and with the 128 already on board, there is LOTS of music I can load in it.
Then I will really listen.
For serious.
More to come.
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne

The bass change with burn-in, enjoy it
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #292 of 545
Not with PM2, since I felt no need for improvements or more power. I did try my PD with all of my portable amps, A001,E6, E12 and heard no improvement. Same result with Cayin I5. Fiio X5 and both Ibasso DX50 and DX90 did sound better and "meatier", especially in Bass areas. That applies with LO or Headphone Out and differences between those 2 as far as I remember were manute. With my gear, Cowons definitely satisfy on their own.

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #293 of 545
Thanks Bastianpp,
How many hours of burn-in does it need?  Any  suggestions?
I have it burning in now.
Does this baby have a screen saver film?  Other than the  one it shipped with?  If so, do you know where I can buy one?
Right now, without enough burn-in, I am finding the bass is wonderful on songs with plenty of bass.  On older rock songs the bass does not come through
so well, I will most likely need to boost those when the break-in period is over.  So far, loving my new PM2!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #294 of 545
I can't remember how many hours need it, only listen the music enjoy it, bass change much on songs like rock/metal
You can buy a big screen protector and resize dimension with scissors.
About leather case, a guy put link for buy leather case official!,search in this toppic.
Enjoy your dap, is a good dap!
Congrats

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #295 of 545
Not with PM2, since I felt no need for improvements or more power. I did try my PD with all of my portable amps, A001,E6, E12 and heard no improvement. Same result with Cayin I5. Fiio X5 and both Ibasso DX50 and DX90 did sound better and "meatier", especially in Bass areas. That applies with LO or Headphone Out and differences between those 2 as far as I remember were manute. With my gear, Cowons definitely satisfy on their own.

I might have misunderstood the question. Can you tell me how to connect PM2 to an AMP using the optical out? And what cables I need to use? Because I will be pairing them with my HD650 and they always need more power to bring the best out of them.

Apr 6, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #296 of 545
Here is the guy I got my screen protector from and the same guy you got your case from and it fit perfectly . I  used this brand on my AK JR as well and fit great and high quality .

Here is the link: 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cowon-Plenue-M2-LCD-Screen-Protector-Clear-type-Front-2-by-Healingshield-/152327580001?hash=item23776e6961:g:MS0AAOSwiONYNBC7

Same price as it was in Jan. when I bought mine. 

Enjoy it Wayne and with this protectorandcase you are now moblie music man. 

I let mine burn in for 50-60 hours. I bought an amp since I drive planar headphones and I wanted to drive anything on the market so I spent more on the portable amp. RSA Blackbird SR-71B which is balanced and is hand built by Ray Samuels and it is so quite and powerful and makes the best portable stack dedicted to playing loseless file and not too big. Photos attached . 

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #297 of 545
Thanks FuntionalDoc, I found it on Amazon too, but more expensive, unfortunately.
Does it come with a protector???
I only intend to use mine with ciems, so I will not need an amp.
The P M2 is way powerful enough for me.
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #298 of 545
  Thanks FuntionalDoc, I found it on Amazon too, but more expensive, unfortunately.
Does it come with a protector???
I only intend to use mine with ciems, so I will not need an amp.
The P M2 is way powerful enough for me.
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne

The link is for the screen protector for the M2 . I turned on the Machbass on my HE 400I planar headphones and the drivers went wild. 

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #300 of 545
Oh Yeah, Hi-Rez files on the M2 are wonderful!!!!!
The sound quality and resolution, heck, the MUSICALITY they bring is already well beyond my expectations and it is not even broken-in yet!!!!
Listening to Fiona Joy "Signature Solo" wonderful piano music.  This DAP blows away my old DX90, surprised to say.
Lovin' it!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back