Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further.
Oct 4, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #691 of 1,024
Compared with Pleune R, P2 and S, is the spec and feature ranked as S> P2>R?

Oct 4, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #693 of 1,024
S>P2>P1>M2>R>D :)
Thanks, the think I don't like about S is, it doesn't have 2.5mm balanced.
I am thinking to buy a P2, but spec wise I like S.

I may see and wait for the next successor of S, anyone hearsay about it?

Oct 7, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #694 of 1,024
One of the things I really like about the P2 is that it feels relatively compact and has got a unique design that blends traditional elements with a modern however elegant and sleek design language.

Oct 7, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #695 of 1,024
I red several reviews before buying the P2 (at this time, the Plenue S was discounted at the same price), and I think they are different soundwise, but without superiority of one over the other...

Oct 11, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #696 of 1,024
Now I have OTG Adapter
Hi,
how did you do this?. I have an Samsung S7 and I connected it with an usual Micro-b to Micro-b OTG Cable and it doesn´t work. What Cable did you use?

So now I have original Samsung OTG Adapter. Now it´s working, but I have a Problem. The playtime is running fast and there is no sound in my Earphones. Tried it with S7 and S8 same behaviour. Does anybody know this problem?

Oct 17, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #697 of 1,024
Hi,

i'm new to this forum.
I'm a owner of the Plenue 2.
The DAP is great but i struggled about how to manage a Playlist (BTw, i'm using musicbee), i found hints that were not relevant for my use.
The player is quite archaic in a way you can't manage simple things like "play next" while listening to a song.
I recently had a dark stain on the screen and i had the DAP replaced with a new one that's is now sealed on its box, the time i figure out if i keep it or resell it as new.
I was not able to use the external DAC with my android smartphone (GS7) because i'm having the same problem problem encountered by the above user.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #699 of 1,024
P2 + Utopia via LQIcables OCC balanced cable sounds super nice. Volume set to 50-70/140 (headphone mode on).

Great tonal balance, detail, precise 3D imaging. Very musical, I can listen for hours w/out fatigue.

Joy stretches across genres:

Precise engineering of Stely Dan Aja
Delicacy of Cowboy Junkies Thousand Year Prayer (piano tinkles)
Echoey vocals and bass rumble of Lana del Ray Love
Open staging of Bob Marley Exodus
Intimacy of staging and immediacy of horns on Tunnel Six The Wagon and the Gun (Great jazz disc Alive)
Lovely warmth and musicality of acoustic guitars on Joni Mitchell Ladies of the Canyon

Depending on the track, sound can vary from somewhat sparse and analytical to very lush and musical.

Oct 30, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #700 of 1,024
Here is something I measured earlier..

Keep in mind, I only tested SE output. P2 balanced output has more power. Also, while P2 is rated at 2Vrms for each (SE and BAL) and Opus#1 rated at 2.1Vrms (SE) and 2.3Vrms (BAL), I hear P2 as having a little more power in SE, and probably more in BAL as well.

Did either of you get to measure the difference between SE and balanced outputs on the P2?

Oct 30, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #701 of 1,024
Specs are the same, arent they?

So no true balanced design, but a seperate output for 2.5mm trrs jacks. I am 101% sure they sound the same.

Oct 31, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #702 of 1,024
Oct 31, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #703 of 1,024
Which means they will sound the same,as you wrote in your review too ^^

Very well written review. Why didnt I read some reviews from you earlier?

Oct 31, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #705 of 1,024
So far I have not received it. But my approach to DAP‘s is: there is no day and night difference between their sound signatures. I mainly like Cowon products because of their good build quality, jet effect and nice software

Users who are viewing this thread

Back