Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further.
Aug 27, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #646 of 1,024
To me P2 is a big jump compared to the P1.
But I know there must be someone who likes P1 more cuz the P1 sounds thick and the bass is punchy. But P2 is a more complete dap, you have great soundstage( a lot better than P1 , clarity and detail and moreover P2 is the best looking dap to me great form ( small, light). The sound is not soft and not aggresive, just a good balance.You wont go wrong with it.

P.s. Out of all the daps in the market today I think the daps which I consider the best considering price performance and sound quality over all are P2, Dx200( soundstage detail dynamic),QP1R( dynamic punchy bass.natural tone with decent soundstage wide but not much depth still OK though)

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #647 of 1,024
It can be a easy implementation if asked for I'm sure. As for the volume issue I did mention it to Cowon.
Thank you, it would be nice to have it in a firmware update :)

Aug 27, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #649 of 1,024
As a former Plenue D owner - yes, the Plenue 2 is certainly noticeable improvement.

You don't only gain a much faster, more responsive user interface and the ability to use cards larger than 128 GB without any restrictions (and without having to format them into FAT32), but an even better signal-to-noise ratio (the Plenue D is already very good in this regard, but the P2 is even better and pretty much entirely quiet even with extremely sensitive IEMs - although the K10U shouldn't be that sensitive to make the D's low noise floor audible audible anyway), an improvement when it comes to transparency and a larger, airier and more precise appearing soundstage.

What you loose in terms of portability/small size and battery life is definitely worth the improvement in the UI/responsiveness and sound department.

Aug 27, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #651 of 1,024
In my previous post I was not very precise what kind of issue I have with the volume wheel so i recorded a short video showing what's happening when I try to set the volume up.
Now I'm not sure if this is hardware or software problem but as i mentioned before the volume wheel seems to work normally when the screen is off on my player.
As you can see I turn the knob clockwise - not too fast and the volume goes up and suddenly drops or stays at the same level - tis is very annoying and happened after the last firmware update I think.
Shall I return the device or wait for another firmware update?

<iframe src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aug 28, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #653 of 1,024
I am looking for a screen protector.
It looks like the screen size of the Plenue 2 is the same as the Plenue 1. Am I right ?

Aug 28, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #654 of 1,024
Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #655 of 1,024
Thank you for the tip :)

Aug 29, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #656 of 1,024
In my previous post I was not very precise what kind of issue I have with the volume wheel so i recorded a short video showing what's happening when I try to set the volume up.
Now I'm not sure if this is hardware or software problem but as i mentioned before the volume wheel seems to work normally when the screen is off on my player.
As you can see I turn the knob clockwise - not too fast and the volume goes up and suddenly drops or stays at the same level - tis is very annoying and happened after the last firmware update I think.
Shall I return the device or wait for another firmware update?

<iframe src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is totally not what I was thinking was the issue being described. Mine does not do that! On the latest update, my volume goes up and down number wise correctly, only the volume is heard to "skip" down a split second then it goes up correctly not the numbers like in your video.

You definitely need to return it or warranty it ASAP; or contact Cowon to inquire if this is a software or hardware issue? If the wheel pot is jacked or dirty somehow it may do that. Maybe try to install the update again or reset the P2 and see what happens.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #657 of 1,024
Hello I just want to ask a few things:

1. Does P2 perform gapless 100% correctly?
2. If I plug P2 to a Mac computer and want to transfer music on MicroSD card do I need an Android File Transfer software?

Thanks

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #658 of 1,024
Hello I just want to ask a few things:

1. Does P2 perform gapless 100% correctly?
2. If I plug P2 to a Mac computer and want to transfer music on MicroSD card do I need an Android File Transfer software?

Thanks

Depends on the file format. FLAC is 100% gapless on the P2 though.

No, you can access the internal memory and micro SD card without any additional software.

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #659 of 1,024
Depends on the file format. FLAC is 100% gapless on the P2 though.

No, you can access the internal memory and micro SD card without any additional software.
Thank you sir! Great to hear I don't need Android Transfer. What about ALAC gapless? Majority of my library is in ALAC. One more question, is the P2's 2,5 balanced connector same as AK or iBasso (TRRS I guess).

Aug 30, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #660 of 1,024
Thank you sir! Great to hear I don't need Android Transfer. What about ALAC gapless? Majority of my library is in ALAC. One more question, is the P2's 2,5 balanced connector same as AK or iBasso (TRRS I guess).

You're welcome.

I don't have any ALAC files so cannot confirm or deny whether they would be played gapless or not - sorry. As to your second question, yes, the 2.5 mm output is indeed TRRS-terminated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back