Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further.
Jul 9, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #886 of 1,024
I figured, that post you made didn't translate well :wink:

Based on what you described, neither P2 nor DX200 will suit your sound preference. You are looking for a warmer, fuller body sound, with that "vinyl" coloring. DX200 is not it, even so AMP2 and probably upcoming AMP3/AMP4 amp modules will add some body to the baseline sound of DX200. Also, I didn't hear original Plenue, only Plenue 2, and P2 is more neutral/reference tuned to my ears while the original Plenue (based on what I heard about it) probably will fit your sound description better. So, maybe look into P1, I'm sure you can get a good deal on it now. Another one to consider is Opus#2, but it's more expensive, and might not be warm enough for you. Have you tried Mojo? Didn't hear that one either, but people refer to it as having a thicker fuller body resolving sound, and you can use it with your smartphone as a transport. Also, keep in mind, maybe to get to your target sound you might end up with a DAP and external portable amp.[/QUOTE Not my vinyl rig. It sounds live and very well balanced.

Jul 15, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #890 of 1,024
I don't know if this is what they were thinking but selling the p2 at this price is brilliant. At this price lots of people will buy it and start taking about it. In my opinion there will only be praise for it's sound quality and that should boost sales for the brand.

Jul 16, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #892 of 1,024
I also have P2. Good SQ.
I am waiting ..when cowon shall make DAP with Bluetooth and android base one.
It shall be nice to listen Spotify, youtube songs with cowon signature sound quality.
Also we can use cowon for my living room Bluetooth speakers when entire family gathers.

Jul 16, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #893 of 1,024
I also have P2. Good SQ.
I am waiting ..when cowon shall make DAP with Bluetooth and android base one.
It shall be nice to listen Spotify, youtube songs with cowon signature sound quality.
Also we can use cowon for my living room Bluetooth speakers when entire family gathers.
Oh, no! Since android come to DAPs, their sound abilities died.

Jul 16, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #895 of 1,024
Oh, no! Since android come to DAPs, their sound abilities died.

I fully agree with you that android make sound quality bad. I also prefer true DAP i.e. without any android or internet. I have Cowon Plenue 2. I also have STAX L700 with SRM353.
But you need good collection of FLAC or similar inputs(music source). After listening to your music stock, it becomes repetitive unless you listen to them after some gap.
While I travel, many times there are good music available on Spotify/ YouTubes (and many more such apps) but the sound quality is nit up to the mark due to limitations of ither smartphone or android source. Many times I wish that what if sound quality of cowon is made available to these songs/music on Spotify/ YouTubes (and many more such apps).
There should be two parts in DAP ...one purely for android and second for non android one. One can switch in between to enjoy both musics.

Jul 18, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #897 of 1,024
I never use cowon daps with no eq. The dx220 stock amp sounded better, thicker, detailed. P2 with eq it can ewual the dx220.

the P2 has no EQ?

Jul 19, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #899 of 1,024
It has an EQ in the user presets.

Not only does it have an EQ, it's one of the BEST EQ's. It's clean and never adds distortion and you can even adjust the Q of each frequency. I only wish the EQ was Parametric that you can select any frequency you want instead of the locked preset ones. It also has BBE which can fix lousy recording and MP Enhance that can add sparkle to dark headphones or songs. Yes it's a tad artificial sounding if you crank it too high on some songs and recording but it's the best out there.

The Mega Bass is also awesome in it does not add distortion either, and it's a wide covering lower end boost that the EQ won't give you no matter how much you add in. Always has been always will be. This is one of Cowon's best selling attributes of their players. If you have crappy IEMS's or headphones that you just can't part with or just love their particular sound, you have the ability to make them sound how you like in what you may thing is missing/needed as none are perfect for all, but with a Cowon DAP you can address that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back