Cowon J3 Discontinued
Oct 8, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #46 of 75
I Was going to upgrade from S9 to J3 as i found no other Players so perfect as J3 but now J3 being discontinued i dont know what to do
Most Cowon players is a trade off where each have a little pieze of the big cowon puzzle, i think only J3 was mostly complete.
One of the reason for picking J3 was i could use many of the S9 themes on J3

My use is quite simple i enjoy dont have it too complicated
just click play and enjoy good sound (reason why i havent play much with the EQ settings yet on my S9)

I like physical easy-acess volume and pause button (is quite neat on s9)
but touch screen should be more responsive that S9  (is my only complain with S9 it sometimes respond too little)
Easy to transfer movies and play right away without conversion just like on S9
Loud volume (i'm in europe where sound on mp3 players is limited) so i choose Usa as region on Cowon players and i like the high sound i get.

So Any other contenders that is 10/10 players like J3 ?
I like Excelent Quality, and yea ofcourse to be teamed with good quality music and headphones
Is Sony Worth considering over cowon, ofcourse imported from Japan or Usa as i dont want to deal with lower sound volume?

In Japan apart from Ipod what Mp3 player sell best?

Nov 2, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #48 of 75
I'm really sorry to hear this. After all the laudatory comments that I had readI had decided to replace my Apple ipod  with the J3.  I don't see any of the current models replacing it...too bad!

Nov 11, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #49 of 75
Anyone know where I could still find these, either used, refurbished, or new? Seems to be the only DAP on the market that has what I need (Solid battery, stylish UI and form factor, good build, relatively small). 

Nov 11, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #50 of 75
Anyone know where I could still find these, either used, refurbished, or new? Seems to be the only DAP on the market that has what I need (Solid battery, stylish UI and form factor, good build, relatively small). 

There was one our boards recently I was trying to find for you but it's gone. Keep your eye out there they turn up often.

You could always go for the dodgy S9 with broken forward/back buttons. :tongue_smile:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630788/cowon-s9-16gb

Nov 11, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #51 of 75
Quote:
There was one our boards recently I was trying to find for you but it's gone. Keep your eye out there they turn up often.
You could always go for the dodgy S9 with broken forward/back buttons.
tongue_smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630788/cowon-s9-16gb

Thanks! $80 does sound enticing...Though I would prefer the extra 16Gb on a 32Gb model. And the need for music control buttons is one of the reasons I'm planning on getting a new player. But I doubt anyone will let go of their 32Gb J3 at this point. Will have to sleep on it. If only the Z2 had a longer battery life, I'd buckle down for one in a second! 

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #52 of 75
For a player that has been discontinued there sure are a lot of new ones available on amazon from time to time.... plus cowon shows it as a current model on their site. I just ordered a new one.

Me thinks "discontinued" was bvIIsheete or a marketing ploy

Nov 18, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #53 of 75
where from ?
Quote:
For a player that has been discontinued there sure are a lot of new ones available on amazon from time to time.... plus cowon shows it as a current model on their site. I just ordered a new one.
Me thinks "discontinued" was bvIIsheete or a marketing ploy

Nov 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #55 of 75
Quote:
JetAudio via Amazon.com.  I thought I bought the last one last week, but then three more popped up for sale on Amazon.com.  Someone here mentioned they ordered one.  Now, its gone again, but I'd bet it comes back.  Keep checking

Wow, weird. Thanks for the heads-up!

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #56 of 75
there seem to be 2 j3 for sale at amazon.com atm - both are the 8 GB models

1 new for 200$
1 refurbished for 170$

Quote:
JetAudio via Amazon.com.  I thought I bought the last one last week, but then three more popped up for sale on Amazon.com.  Someone here mentioned they ordered one.  Now, its gone again, but I'd bet it comes back.  Keep checking

Dec 19, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #59 of 75
Quote:
What is the latest Cowon model that has the closest signature sound to J3?

S9, C2, i10, x9 and J3 are close if not identical in sound...and they are the last of the non-Android models. The Android models, D3 and Z2,  are reportedly rather buggy with terrible battery life. 

Feb 20, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #60 of 75
http://www.head-fi.org/t/651272/fs-cowon-j3-64-gb-media-player
I've got a 64 gb one for sale in the Sale/Trade forums if anyone is still looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back