Cowon Iaudio Hifi
Feb 9, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #31 of 37
Thanks for the files, I copied them over but nothing helped. It didn't recognize my music files even though I tried placing them both in a Music folder and directly below the top.
Have tried the Reset button several times and also the Load defaults and Database update commands from the System menu.
It seems that it has lost contact with the built-in memory.
In the manual on page 23 it says that you can format the built-in memory by using the built-in formatting function that is included in the product, but I have not been able to find any menu command for this. There is nothing in the manual about how to do this.
So then I have no more ideas, can't find any support email address for Cowon either.
Are they FLAC files? Just something basic?

Feb 9, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #32 of 37
Which OS are you using? I run Windows 10, and I can't remember formatting it, but if I did, I would have just right clicked the Cowon in the navigation pane and selected format from the menu. None of this 'GUI' stuff. You could try reformatting it that way?

Feb 9, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #34 of 37
Which OS are you using? I run Windows 10, and I can't remember formatting it, but if I did, I would have just right clicked the Cowon in the navigation pane and selected format from the menu. None of this 'GUI' stuff. You could try reformatting it that way?
I run Windows 11 and will try formating from the navigator pane later (not home now).

Feb 9, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #35 of 37
Alrighty, good luck.

Feb 10, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #37 of 37
Unfortunately no improvement by formatting from the Windows navigator pane either.
Damn. Well, that's all of my ideas. Try some different files?

:frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back