Cowon Iaudio Hifi
Feb 15, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #16 of 37
They need to update to make the volume buttons volume for short press and track change for long press. Hopefully they will as it is pretty obvious improvement. Maybe Jet Effect 7 too with at least 8 custom slots. Should give the 16 custom they are up too now but Cowon loves to think that everyone will buy this instead of a Plenue model if they do that. :)

Jul 2, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #17 of 37
This sounds fantastic.

Attachments

• IMG_20200702_221613378.jpg
    IMG_20200702_221613378.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Jul 9, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #19 of 37
What do you think about the UI ?

It is good cause it is a simple device. All it does is play music. no photo, video, BT, apps, or anything. Back to navigate hold the right button for the small menu list. Nothing you really need the menu for once you set up your DAC filter setting, button control, and a few others that you usually set once and rarely change. Just EQ or the gain really. Though I do find the clock loses the time/date sometimes and has to be reset. Not sure when that happens. Mine was back in 2016 just yesterday. :)

Jul 9, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #20 of 37
It is good cause it is a simple device. All it does is play music. no photo, video, BT, apps, or anything. Back to navigate hold the right button for the small menu list. Nothing you really need the menu for once you set up your DAC filter setting, button control, and a few others that you usually set once and rarely change. Just EQ or the gain really. Though I do find the clock loses the time/date sometimes and has to be reset. Not sure when that happens. Mine was back in 2016 just yesterday. :)

thanks for explanation.

how about UI fluency ?

my concern is about the UI speed and the total navigation through the menu.

Jul 9, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #22 of 37
Fluency is fine. Speed is limited you hold on the up or down arrows and it scrolls through a list faster than you can swiping for sure just not the fastest. Menus are all short. Only two long lists would be the EQ presets and file navigation.

Like Notkunvinced said, fast enough and you best to set up and just play if you can since the screen on a lot hurts the battery life and this is the one Cowon that won't make it through a day esp. on the "headphone" setting.

Sep 13, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #23 of 37
Hello!
Could anyone compare sound quality (from 3.5 mm) Cowon iAudio HiFi and Cowon Plenue D2? Is there big difference? Or are they quite similar?
Both of them are based on CS43131. Only one thing I've noticed, Plenue D2 has got 2 DAC's on the board when iAudio HiFi only 1. But 2.5 mm and a more power isn't necessary for me. I always use 3.5 mm.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #24 of 37
Have had this player for a while now - i to still have the Iaudio i9 for reference
In summary- I like the sound profile - I have as part of collection plenue d, r , m, m2, 1 , v and Iaudio x7 also as some comparisons
My view better than v and r
Difficult interface compared to modern players but size, sound quality ratio is great
Recommend for right price as low cost portable player - great value with good quality IEM

Jul 15, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #25 of 37
Ah, wonderful. Didn't want to necro this thread for more impressions, but I was tempted when I had a sift through it.

Definitely my next purchase :)

Aug 24, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #26 of 37
What to make of this? I know it's probably just another inaudible thing, but it's been playing on my mind.

Capturecowon.PNG

Anyway, mine is arriving today :D

Aug 25, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #27 of 37
Triple post :)
Uhm. The suite of effects here is impressive. X-bass is stoopid. It's too much for me though.
But I'll tell you what... non-oversampling mode turns this from a good little DAP to a damn good little DAP.

Feb 9, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #28 of 37
HELP!
I bought a new iAudio HiFi from AliExpress, connected it to a PC and got a message that the built-in memory needed formatting. Downloaded guiformat and formatted the built-in memory according to the instructions. After this, iAudio HiFi cannot find the music files I copy onto the player, even though I see that they are there from the PC.
I think I made a mistake when I forgot to backup the built-in memory's system folders and files before formatting. So here I am with a memory that is missing the system files.
Does anyone have a working iAudio HiFi player available? Could you please copy all the files in iAudio HiFi's built-in memory to a separate folder on your PC, save the folder contents unchanged to a zip file and send it to me as an attachment? I don't care about any music files you may have in there, just delete them from the folder before it is saved to the zip file.
I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me with this.

Feb 9, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #29 of 37
HELP!
I bought a new iAudio HiFi from AliExpress, connected it to a PC and got a message that the built-in memory needed formatting. Downloaded guiformat and formatted the built-in memory according to the instructions. After this, iAudio HiFi cannot find the music files I copy onto the player, even though I see that they are there from the PC.
I think I made a mistake when I forgot to backup the built-in memory's system folders and files before formatting. So here I am with a memory that is missing the system files.
Does anyone have a working iAudio HiFi player available? Could you please copy all the files in iAudio HiFi's built-in memory to a separate folder on your PC, save the folder contents unchanged to a zip file and send it to me as an attachment? I don't care about any music files you may have in there, just delete them from the folder before it is saved to the zip file.
I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me with this.
Gimme a minute, see what I can do.

EDIT: Also, have you tried turning it off and on again :) That's when mine updates music.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #30 of 37
Gimme a minute, see what I can do.

EDIT: Also, have you tried turning it off and on again :) That's when mine updates music.
Thanks for the files, I copied them over but nothing helped. It didn't recognize my music files even though I tried placing them both in a Music folder and directly below the top.
Have tried the Reset button several times and also the Load defaults and Database update commands from the System menu.
It seems that it has lost contact with the built-in memory.
In the manual on page 23 it says that you can format the built-in memory by using the built-in formatting function that is included in the product, but I have not been able to find any menu command for this. There is nothing in the manual about how to do this.
So then I have no more ideas, can't find any support email address for Cowon either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back