Cowon D3 - It's official :)
Jan 9, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #61 of 110
This seems like an interesting device. It looks like the Firmware Updates will tell the ultimate story, and it hasn't even been globally released yet so I'm not worried too much (YET).  

s for the jack for SPDIF it appears to be a round optical miniplug, and you would use it by either getting an optical miniplug-to-TOSLINK adapter peg then using an optical cable to connect for instance an iBasso D10 or D12 to the D3 or perhaps if the distances are adequate, using one of the SysConcept iRiver H140 to iBasso D10 Right Angle Optical Mini to TOSLINK adapters, or better yet call the guys at SysConcept and get a quote on a new adapter after measuring the distance between your D3's position in relation to the D10/D12/Leckerton Audio LH6S/etc...

Thats my contribution to the current conversation for now, but I'm glad somebody since the iRiver H120/H140 finally came out with a DAP with optical digital out. It's about time.

LET ALL FUTURE DAPS HAVE EITHER OPTICAL SPDIF OR COAXIAL SPDIF, PLEEEEASE. ok enough ranting.

Jan 9, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #62 of 110

Quote:
This seems like an interesting device. It looks like the Firmware Updates will tell the ultimate story, and it hasn't even been globally released yet so I'm not worried too much (YET).  

s for the jack for SPDIF it appears to be a round optical miniplug, and you would use it by either getting an optical miniplug-to-TOSLINK adapter peg then using an optical cable to connect for instance an iBasso D10 or D12 to the D3 or perhaps if the distances are adequate, using one of the SysConcept iRiver H140 to iBasso D10 Right Angle Optical Mini to TOSLINK adapters, or better yet call the guys at SysConcept and get a quote on a new adapter after measuring the distance between your D3's position in relation to the D10/D12/Leckerton Audio LH6S/etc...

Thats my contribution to the current conversation for now, but I'm glad somebody since the iRiver H120/H140 finally came out with a DAP with optical digital out. It's about time.

LET ALL FUTURE DAPS HAVE EITHER OPTICAL SPDIF OR COAXIAL SPDIF, PLEEEEASE. ok enough ranting.

The Cowon Q5W had a digital out...

Jan 13, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #64 of 110
Finally found the (Korean) manual, S/PDIF works via the composite cable. See here: http://download.cowon.com/data/C09/D3_manual_1.01K_web.pdf

My D3 should arrive this or early next week, can't wait. Didn't order the composite cable, now I did, will be send by regular mail post so will probably take some time.

Jan 13, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #65 of 110
could u write a review for us?

Sorry i can't read korean
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2011 at 8:45 AM Post #66 of 110

Quote:
could u write a review for us?

Sorry i can't read korean
biggrin.gif

I'm also not able to read Korean but at least from the pictures I could determine how the S/PDIF port is used. My D3 is currently at the Dutch customs, so will probably become a quite expensive player, and even worser it will take some time before it will arrive :frowning2: :frowning2:. I won't make any promises, but if I find some time I will post a short review :wink:

Feb 1, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #68 of 110

Quote:

See Post #18. Note that the prices are for the Korean market. If Cowon brings this product to the rest of the world, the price may be raised or reduced. The prices for the Korean market will be ~ $250 - $350 (8GB - 32GB).

I, for one, hope that it will be in the above mentioned price range. I will buy one to try for that. But according to this site in the UK that is accepting "pre-orders" for an in stock date of 02/15, it's looking like double the $250 price. 279 British Pounds is $450 USD.

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/MP3_Players.1/Cowon_iAudio.15/COWOND3-32GB-/Cowon_D3_32GB_WiFi_Android_MP3_Player_with_3.7__AMOLED_Screen___1080p_HD_Video_Playback.12566.html?display=review#topTabMenu

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #72 of 110
The battery life made me pass on this one...sorry but this is a portable device and to me battery life goes hand in hand with the sound quality for the things i look at in a portable player.  I went with the j3 instead and it got everything i need and more.

Feb 2, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #73 of 110
I wonder if the expandable memory will be compatible with SDXC technology. SDXC cards have been out over a year, I believe it's time players start utilizing this technology.

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #75 of 110
Whatever happened to this thread?

Anyhow, any news?

Dream....

Somebody was suppose to be reviewing. 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back