Dec 29, 2010 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 110

Sorensiim

Headphoneus Supremus
http://product.cowon.com/product/COWOND3/product_page_1.php

Available in 8, 16 and 32gb capacities
Runs Android 2.1
3.7" Amoled, 800*480
Will output 1080P via HDMI
Supports the same formats as the J3, as well as a slew of video formats and codecs
Wifi and bluetooth

My initial thougts, as a J3 user and Android fanboy:
1) Slap a 3G chip in there and call it a phone, already!
2) Can't wait for this to get rooted. Hello, Android market! 
3) Will the battery life be as poor as most smartphones?
4) I just got my J3 2 days ago. Having a bit of a "D'oh!" moment here. OTOH, the J3 sounds awesome, and I already have a great phone/internet device.

Dec 29, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #2 of 110
battery life is my main concern

my xperia x10 runs android 2.1 also..but if i play music..it becomes useless as a phone because battery doesnt even last a day.

this is the reason i still use dedicated music players...

Dec 29, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 110
Cowon had a reputation of a long battery life, but starting from the i9, not much anymore...

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #5 of 110
regarding the D3..did i understand correct?  will it really have a digital out for music?  will i be able to plug it via coax to my headroom dac?  if this is true than this is what i always been waiting for.

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #7 of 110
There's HDMI out - which would include digital sound out. I guess a custom HDMI -> coax could hook this bad boy up to something like the iBasso D12 dac/amp and have a pretty sweet combo. I wonder if it will support 24/96 flac files as the D12 supports 24/96 digital input. That combo might just rival a HM-801, but with a nicer UI and probably better battery life as well. No way a small pmp on it's own could rival the sound from the HM-801, but using digital out to feed a D12... Sure would be an interesting thing to try.

Edit: Theres S/PDIF out available as well. Dang... this thing would plug straight in to your dac/amp of choice. And here I was, minding my own business, feeling happy about my J3...

Dec 29, 2010 at 7:33 AM Post #11 of 110
^ the cowon page says "Micro SD 카드 슬롯" so, yes. I think it can support up to 32gb.

Dec 29, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #13 of 110

Quote:
There's HDMI out - which would include digital sound out. I guess a custom HDMI -> coax could hook this bad boy up to something like the iBasso D12 dac/amp and have a pretty sweet combo. I wonder if it will support 24/96 flac files as the D12 supports 24/96 digital input. That combo might just rival a HM-801, but with a nicer UI and probably better battery life as well. No way a small pmp on it's own could rival the sound from the HM-801, but using digital out to feed a D12... Sure would be an interesting thing to try.

Edit: Theres S/PDIF out available as well. Dang... this thing would plug straight in to your dac/amp of choice. And here I was, minding my own business, feeling happy about my J3...

so,what are exactly the digital outputs?  I got the HDMI output..but is there a different output plug like coax or something as well or will i need to use a special HDMI coax cable for digital sound?    

Dec 29, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #14 of 110

Quote:

My initial thougts, as a J3 user and Android fanboy:
1) Slap a 3G chip in there and call it a phone, already!
2) Can't wait for this to get rooted. Hello, Android market! 
3) Will the battery life be as poor as most smartphones?
4) I just got my J3 2 days ago. Having a bit of a "D'oh!" moment here. OTOH, the J3 sounds awesome, and I already have a great phone/internet device.

1. See point 3.
2. Good point!
3. It has not 3G chip and that is why battery life will be good.

Why does it only run Android 2.1? 2.2 is much better IMO.

Dec 29, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #15 of 110

Quote:
so,what are exactly the digital outputs?  I got the HDMI output..but is there a different output plug like coax or something as well or will i need to use a special HDMI coax cable for digital sound?    

I think it's gonna have some sort of proprietary plug to which you connect an adapter for various outputs - HDMI and COAX for example. Adding the actual plugs directly to the player would make it far too bulky, although a mini toslink should be possible to fit to a decently sized player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back