Cowon D3 - It's official :)
Jan 5, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #47 of 110

I just saw this video and my interest in D3 has dropped significantly.......

Well I do believe Cowon will get us better firmware than this but this is something I didn't expect.

Edit: people are reporting that the problem is with the stock player app, not the device itself. After they swapped home screen app and their music app things are as smooth as it can be.

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #49 of 110

Quote:
So, any news on the digital out?

Nope, not yet(to tell the truth I doubt I'll ever find something that worth posting here in the Korean forums). People there just don't care about those things... makes me wonder why. 

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #51 of 110

Quote:

I just saw this video and my interest in D3 has dropped significantly.......

Well I do believe Cowon will get us better firmware than this but this is something I didn't expect.

Edit: people are reporting that the problem is with the stock player app, not the device itself. After they swapped home screen app and their music app things are as smooth as it can be.

And here's a video of one:

Got to say that I'm also disappointed that there is as much lag as there is. Hopefully Cowon gets out a firmware to fix it up before the worldwide release. The good thing about Android is that you can do a few things to help things along, such as changing the home screen and what not.

Jan 5, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #53 of 110
^ It probably can, but I doubt that Cowon will ever perfect the D3 that much.

Jan 5, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #54 of 110
It's strange.....

It is, in general, not possible for firms (electronics, games, etc.) to find their mistakes
and improve them, without eliminating the amenities of the/it's predecessor(s).

Jan 5, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #56 of 110

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
^ the cowon page says "Micro SD 카드 슬롯" so, yes. I think it can support up to 32gb.

Why is everybody suddenly jumping on the micro SD bandwagon? The last time I checked Amazon a couple of weeks ago a 32GB SD card was about $30 cheaper than a 32GB micro SD card.

It has a significantly smaller form factor, and prices drop eventually.

Smaller isn't always necessarily better.Finding a micro SD card after you drop it or your finger slips while inserting it launching it across the room is not fun.

Jan 5, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #57 of 110
A microSD card IS better because it is smaller. In any device, the area taken up by the expandable memory bay can't be used for anything else. So when a designer puts a microSD card slot instead of an SD card slot, they have more room to put in other stuff (like a bigger battery, better processer, etc.).

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #59 of 110

Quote:
A microSD card IS better because it is smaller. In any device, the area taken up by the expandable memory bay can't be used for anything else. So when a designer puts a microSD card slot instead of an SD card slot, they have more room to put in other stuff (like a bigger battery, better processer, etc.).

I hadn't thought of those points. I still don't really like those itty bitty things but it looks like that's the way manufacturers are heading lately. Even the Samsung Galaxy Tab uses micro SD so I guess those things are here to stay...

Quote:
As long as u don't have 2 left hands, why not take microSD?

Sometimes I feel like I have 4 left hands
And 15 thumbs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back