Cowon D2 Vs Zune
Oct 27, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #31 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
since u auditioned both players, how does S630 series stack up against zune in term of SQ?

I in fact loved Zune in term of its sound quality. Based on memory, Zune's got very clean sound, deep and tight bass, and sweet treble. I think it even sounded a bit better than S639 which is a bit (colored) on the warm side. But the big plus for S639 is no sucky software like Zune 3.0 needed, drag-n-drop rules. By the way, on Zune I used WMA lossless vs AAC VBR 400kbps on S639 and Koss PortaPro is the headphone used.

Oct 27, 2008 at 6:44 AM Post #32 of 62
DragNDrop indeed rulez haha

S630 noticible warm and colored compare to ol' D2.

If only Zune support unicode... half of my collections are chinese songs and quite a few japanese.

Oct 27, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #33 of 62
I used to own D2. I prefer both Zune and S639 to D2. Both are much more "musical" than D2. By the way, I briefly tried Sansa Fuze at store before getting S639. I don't think it's a bad player at all, it's got very clean sound but the build quality and user interface are a bit lacking.

Oct 27, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #34 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by V3lier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha. Now all the young hip pplz will be rushing for it.
L3000.gif

*cough* Sorry...too tempting.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for putting me in with the YOUNG crowd!!! You just made my week (***adjusts wheelchair***)!!!
beerchug.gif

Oct 27, 2008 at 7:41 AM Post #35 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is the 120 working after that recalibration procedure ?

Sorry, missed your question: It's actually working great, and thanks for the assistance, much appreciated.

Oct 27, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #36 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If only Zune support unicode... half of my collections are chinese songs and quite a few japanese.

Unicode support should be coming in the next update
Zune Insider

Quote:
Can Zune correctly display Asian characters yet?
by Lance at Saturday, September 13, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Lance, others - that's not in this release, but it's definitely something the team is looking into.
by Cesar Menendez at Saturday, September 13, 5:04 PM

Oct 27, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #37 of 62
i would think that in headfi, the zune's ability to do gapless would care more clout than its meagre mention illustrates. i would not be able to use zune as i don't have windows but... if i could, i would consider it. my d2 was a full 8 month use for me which was more than most daps i have used but was far from my ideal so i sold it.

ive the sony players too and they are good but hiss far too much

Oct 28, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #38 of 62
shigzeo, first of all, thank u. learned a few things reading your posts
smily_headphones1.gif

i remember u mentioned A810/820 hisses with UM2, even more than D2. i'm using S639F, replacing my D2 and it hardly make a hiss. with D2, i can hear significant hiss even at volume 8/50. seem like the noise being lowered to minimum for newer sony.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #39 of 62
I'm actually really considering the 32gb O2.
I'll be using it while moving a lot, so I kind of like the flash memory player better now, plus it has expandable memory; and it's $100 cheaper than the 32gb iPod.
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #40 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by PepsiCo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm actually really considering the 32gb O2.
I'll be using it while moving a lot, so I kind of like the flash memory player better now, plus it has expandable memory; and it's $100 cheaper than the 32gb iPod.
biggrin.gif

Actually, the O2 is a good sounding choice IMO. The cnet.co.uk review is quite favorable. 1 thought, wait for the S9 BEFORE you take the plunge. I wouldn't wan't you to end up w/buyers remorse.
wink_face.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #41 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, the O2 is a good sounding choice IMO. The cnet.co.uk review is quite favorable. 1 thought, wait for the S9 BEFORE you take the plunge. I wouldn't wan't you to end up w/buyers remorse.
wink_face.gif

But the s9 won't have expandable memory. :/

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #42 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by PepsiCo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But the s9 won't have expandable memory. :/

Just a thought: weigh all options. Unless, of course, this is your perfect PMP. If so, allow me to apologize, and let the wallet emptying BEGIN!!!
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #43 of 62
Quote:

Just a thought: weigh all options. Unless, of course, this is your perfect PMP. If so, allow me to apologize, and let the wallet emptying BEGIN!!!
biggrin.gif

Haha, no need to apologize. I just like memory.
biggrin.gif

Then I realized the O2 doesn't have a radio, which is what I was really looking forward to in the Zune/D2 in the first place.

Jeez, this is getting hard to decide, and I was planning on buying one next week!

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #44 of 62
PSST,.......... the S9's gonna have a FM tuner, 32gb, 3.3" screen, 40hrs audio, 8hrs video, and be sexy as ALL HELL!!! Unless your really set on a Zune, and it is a nice ride, the S9 is the move. I know it's a lot less capacity, but the feature set IS stunning!!!

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #45 of 62
Quote:

PSST,.......... the S9's gonna have a FM tuner, 32gb, 3.3" screen, 40hrs audio, 8hrs video, and be sexy as ALL HELL!!! Unless your really set on a Zune, and it is a nice ride, the S9 is the move. I know it's a lot less capacity, but the feature set IS stunning!!!

When's it supposed to come out in the US?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back