Cowon D2 vs iPod Touch
Dec 12, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #31 of 35
haha, it is way too big for a gym... but so is the d2. both are very heavy - for the gym, id prefer something of even mediocre quality like the new shuffle or something just for convenience. i have the old one which works wonders for excercising. as well, it would be terrible to break the touch or d2 which are both expensive units while running and sweating

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #32 of 35
The D2 is a hardy unit, from my experience. Especially with a thin silicone skin from eBay or Amazon, to minimize the possibility of random bumps or drops affecting the finish/buttons. I also use a thin film touchscreen protector from Boxwave (Clear Touch "crystal").

I know of various folks who bring their D2 exercising - either with a strap on the arm, holding it in the palm of a hand (it's a good size for that), placing it on the console of a treadmill, keeping it in a pocket, etc. I use it for walking and it's certainly not "too big."

I found the desire to be rather ginger and careful with the Touch when trying it out - didn't seem as "tossable" as the D2.

- wader

Jan 27, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #34 of 35
iPodT looks gr8, sounds really good and has many options. But I hate the way I have to manage files with it. You should compare it to Q5W(or something as big as that Touch) which kills that poor little person in every aspect. If you look for a PMP you will always find something better than iPod. iPods are the worst choice. Always. It's a part of fashion not extremely good hardware. D2 is best in it's class. Touch isn't.

BTW
Cold sound signature on D2 ? I thought that way too until I've checked almost every combinations of EQ and jet effect options.

Jan 12, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #35 of 35
I am thinking about the two players and I would get a D2 if I know for sure the how is scrolling on a large collection.
I have a lot of artists (most with 1-2 songs) and I had a Zune that I gladly sold. Going to S, or T would take me ~10 seconds so that was not good, not good at all.

My wife has an iTouch and I love the interface (you can tap on the letter directly) but they only go up to 32GB. If I add pictures and videos I can easily go over that so I was thinking for a 16GB D2 + 32GB SD card.

I checked the online videos and there are not a lot of details on the music scrolling.

The extra Wifi, and other things are useless for me because I have a smartphone with all those features. I want a good player that will not drive me nuts while I try to select a certain song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back