Cowon D2, IAudio 7 or the Cowon U3....which one should i get?
Mar 26, 2008 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Starsky5000

500+ Head-Fier
I need your help on which player i should get: The Cowon Iaudio D2, the Iaudio 7 or the U3?

I am looking for the following requirements:

Flash Based Player
Excellent Sound Quality
Good Battery Life
At LEAST 2 Gigabyte

Things I DON'T Need but are welcomed:
Mic
Video
AM/FM

I had a Cowon U3 but the damn headphone jack is giving me problems because sound is only coming through the right earphone & not the left.

Is this headphone jack problem common among cowon players?

I need your help on which one of these would suit me?

Also where can i purchase the one recommended for a good price?

Thank You All.

Apr 25, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #2 of 14
I will prefer D2, the main reason is you could upgrade capability by inserting cheap SD memory card.

And for your problem with U3, I believe it's becasue of headphone jack without doubt! My Cowon M3 also had this problem last week, and my father fixed the headphone jack for me, now it works well! It 's very easy to fix if someone can use electric iron!

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #3 of 14
if you are in for only music, the D2 will be to messy for your needs. messy GUI. i suggest you get the iAudio 7, good SQ, powerful internal amp, VERY good battery life, small form factor, pretty ok interface for a music player. it think it has a built in mic and FM tuner, too. it suits your needs much more than the others, and with grace!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by woopididi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you are in for only music, the D2 will be to messy for your needs. messy GUI. i suggest you get the iAudio 7, good SQ, powerful internal amp, VERY good battery life, small form factor, pretty ok interface for a music player. it think it has a built in mic and FM tuner, too. it suits your needs much more than the others, and with grace!
smily_headphones1.gif

Totally not true. The D2 is in no ways messy, in terms of GUI. Its space and playback versatility alone over the iAudio 7 makes it more worthwhile.

Apr 25, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #5 of 14
i have both the d2 and the i7, and would have to say the d2 wins
d2 is themeable and has the capability of flash skins, good sound an excellent internal amp and excellent batt life.

Apr 25, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #6 of 14
Fix your U3!

Album: u3 repair

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starsky5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need your help on which player i should get: The Cowon Iaudio D2, the Iaudio 7 or the U3?

I am looking for the following requirements:

Flash Based Player
Excellent Sound Quality
Good Battery Life
At LEAST 2 Gigabyte

Things I DON'T Need but are welcomed:
Mic
Video
AM/FM

I had a Cowon U3 but the damn headphone jack is giving me problems because sound is only coming through the right earphone & not the left.

Is this headphone jack problem common among cowon players?

I need your help on which one of these would suit me?

Also where can i purchase the one recommended for a good price?

Thank You All.

Apr 25, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #7 of 14
I know you said flash, but the iAudio X5 is great and in my opinion has better SQ than the D2. If I didn't have 2 already i'd get the 30 GB that is on sale here.

Apr 25, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 14
I would say i7 if you only care about music. I have the 16GB version myself. Great SQ, long battery life and no hiss with my UE's. As woopididi says, there's FM radio too.

Apr 27, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #9 of 14
I really like my U3. In terms of size, it's fantastic.
Sounds quality is good too, but I can't compare with the others on the list as I haven't tried them. Battery on the U3 is excellent too, and I'm pretty sure you can now get them as big as 8 gb...

Apr 28, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by alan_g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have both the d2 and the i7, and would have to say the d2 wins
d2 is themeable and has the capability of flash skins, good sound an excellent internal amp and excellent batt life.

Does the i7's mic sound as good as the D2's (which I think sounds very good by dap standards)? The only other mic on a dap that may have sounded better was the Archos Gmini 402's mic. If the i7's mic sounds at least as good as the D2's then I just may replace my D2 with an i7. I only really care about music (not video) and I never listen to so much music at one time to need the D2's storage expansion capabilities.

I'd appreciate if you can answer this for me. Also, is there any difference in sound?

See, I think the D2 sound well....fine. But, I also remember being dissapointed when I first got it because it didn't sound as good as the Cowon A2. If you tell me the i7 sounds like the A2 then I'll swap in a heartbeat haha (I'm not expecting anyone to tell me that, though).

Apr 29, 2008 at 10:25 AM Post #12 of 14
I'm currently tossing up between the 8GB D2 and the iA7 to replace my iRiver H320. I was also considering the X5, but the hard-disk put me off.

I'm leaning towards the D2 at the moment, especially since I want to get rid of my 3rd gen nano and want something to view the occasionally video with excellent sound quality. However, for the cost of an 8GB D2 I could get a 16GB iA7 and happily live without video playback.

Its so hard choosing between the two. I remember when buying a portable player used to be simple...=P

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by subharmonic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Battery on the U3 is excellent too, and I'm pretty sure you can now get them as big as 8 gb...

Nope, still only 4gb
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back