Cowon D2 broken. Anything better exist yet?
Apr 26, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #16 of 31
Thanks mate, that's very helpful.
Out of interest, though, and for something to look forward to: what would you recommend as a more expensive alternative?

Apr 26, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
has no gapless support (big miss for many, for others, it makes no difference)

Too be fair, not many players (if any) still in production offer gapless playback other then Ipods.

Apr 27, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAQemUP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too be fair, not many players (if any) still in production offer gapless playback other then Ipods.

And it's a shame.

The zune supports it if I remember correctly. The Trekstor vibez does too if it's still made. And of course, any player that runs rockbox.

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #21 of 31
alot of ppl rave about the sony s639 .. its ultra slim 40 hour battery life and 16gig for like 170 us i think and supposedly about as loud as a d2 but i cant quickly find any mW output specs for it
frown.gif

Apr 28, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shlonglor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I apologize for the hit & run question, but I need a new player urgently and can't afford to wait.

My D2's screen is cracked and has lost touch sensitivity in too many places, meaning it's now pretty much limited to randomly playing songs.
I was very happy with it beforehand. I liked the sound quality and the fact that with my UE Super Fi 5 Pro, it didn't really need an amp since it was very powerful in itself.

I'm quite willing to just get a new one, but the audiophile in me can't do that without checking if something better exists yet. Is there an updated version or a new, superior player by any other company?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if anyone's already suggested it, but perhaps the D2+? Comes in all black if you care for the appearance. Supposedly the battery lasts a bit longer than the original D2, like 2 hours more for audio and 1 more hour for video. The interface has been updated too, looks more sleek. Could also wait a bit for the 32gb S9, but unlike the D2 series the S9 has no SDHC slot. It's supposed to be coming out in the states at the end of this month.

Apr 28, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #24 of 31
D2+ is barely an upgrade for the D2.. I would suggest D2 over D2+ for the best bang for the buck.

Sony x1000 looks like a very exciting new alternative to mp3 market. but it is on the expensive side as it is priced at ipod touch's price.

Apr 29, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadguy99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
alot of ppl rave about the sony s639 .. its ultra slim 40 hour battery life and 16gig for like 170 us i think and supposedly about as loud as a d2 but i cant quickly find any mW output specs for it
frown.gif

As loud, maybe, but it's probably going to be a lot noisier than the D2 will be. Sony's had a history of noisy players, making them less-than-ideal candidates for amping.

Apr 30, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #29 of 31
I have a Fuze and a d2 and both are great but I'm attached to the D2..simply the best MP3 player that has been released to date IMO...especially when paired with my RSA Tomahawk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back