Cowon D2 battery
Jan 11, 2010 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

rawrster

Headphoneus Supremus
I was wondering about the battery on the D2+. For some reason sometimes when its near full all of a sudden the battery indicator would go to empty battery(or near empty). Has any of the other D2 owners experienced this?

I'm guessing the skin, the higher than 128 kbps encoded files and the 8gb sd card does affect the battery life but shouldn't do it that much. I'm guessing the battery runs around 20-30 hours with that?

Should I just get a new battery on ebay for like 15 to see if thats the issue? Firmware is 1.11 I believe if that matters.

Jan 11, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 12
i got about 20 hours on mine then it would suddenly dropped, great mp3 plsyer sucks that i broke the screen.

Jan 11, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #4 of 12
well its not so much the battery life as it is suddenly dropping in battery life based on the indicator. i was just wondering if this is common issue since it is quite annoying to think you got like 80% or so battery and the next thing you realize the battery is about to die.

Jan 11, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #7 of 12
well i guess this will have to do for now. gonna order a battery to see but shipping will probably take a couple weeks.

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #8 of 12
My D2 is quite old, its a 2 year old 4GB model, and its still there, still rocking, i havent mesured, but i suspect ea 35-40 hour battery life, i also have some lossless and a 32GB card in it, i dont use the internal memory anymore and im very trigger happy when it comes to skipping tracks,

plus, most cowon tech support labs, like the ones in germany or the UK will easly replace the battery for around 35-40 euros,

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #9 of 12
Happened before. After reuploading all music and files onto the D2, the battery lifespan seemed to increase (same for Ipods)

Oddly enough, my D2 battery seems more virile than ever, not that I'm complaining.

Previously did drop from full to 3/4 after an hour or so..

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #10 of 12
most of the times the battery dropped was when i was trigger happy. dont think its worth going thru cowon to get a battery replacement at such a high cost. got them on ebay for around 15 shipped and its supposed to be higher capacity so gonna order that tonight and hopefully get it in like 2 weeks or so and see if that fixes the problem.

Jan 12, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #11 of 12
once in a while (around 6 months) you have to do a full discharge/charge cycle, i had times where the 4 indicators, the first would disappear in 20 mins, the 2nd in a day, the 3rd in 2-3 days and then the 4th would take a week and a half (1-2 hours use a day)

it would recalibrate after a full discharge recharge cycle,

Jun 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #12 of 12
If you charge your battery intermittently or plug in your USB to add files sporadically before the battery light blinks you will have that issue...general rule of thumb is to wait to plug in your player to charge when it is close to low battery or when it blinks..that will do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back