Cowon C2 Impression and Discusion Thread
Jul 23, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #91 of 141

Quote:
I prefer the S9 over the J3 as far as the layout goes, the J3 also took quite a long time to boot up with 32 gb internal and 32 gb external. You are right about the J3 being expensive I just hAppened to be looking at amazon this weekend and jetmall had the S9 32 gb model on sale for 204.99 so I picked up the las one that they had in stock. You may want to check them out to see if they have any more back in yet.

Unfortunately I live in Belgium, and Amazon.com doesn't deliver there. My choices are ebay, amazon de, uk or fr + some other shops. The cheapest J3 I could find was a 16gb at 180 € at amazon.de but it is not available before two months. The 32gb J3 is around 255 € and the 32gb S9 is at 225€.

Those are really expensive, I might wait for a sales somewhere but I really doubt that it will happen :frowning2:

Jul 23, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #93 of 141
The X7 120gb is at the same price as a J3 32gb on advancedmp3player, I wonder if I shouldn't just chose to huge capacity :D

But it's as heavy as the O2 :frowning2:

It's a pain to be European :frowning2:

Jul 23, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #94 of 141
Forgive me if I am not supposed to post this here however I just checked amazon and the s9's are back in stock. If you want the s9 I can order it from amazon and ship it to you through USPS. It is still on sale for 204.99 plus shipping and if it will fit in a small flat rate box it will only cost around 14 to ship to Belgium. If not it will cost Around 46 for a medium I am not sure why the price increase is so much but I will let you know later on today if it will fit in a small without opening it as mine should be delivered this afternoon.

Jul 23, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #95 of 141

Quote:
Forgive me if I am not supposed to post this here however I just checked amazon and the s9's are back in stock. If you want the s9 I can order it from amazon and ship it to you through USPS. It is still on sale for 204.99 plus shipping and if it will fit in a small flat rate box it will only cost around 14 to ship to Belgium. If not it will cost Around 46 for a medium I am not sure why the price increase is so much but I will let you know later on today if it will fit in a small without opening it as mine should be delivered this afternoon.

Thanks for your offer but i think that i'll go with the X7, i actually do not bother carrying the O2 around but its lack of id3tag and boring browsing by folders only kill its use.

Jul 27, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #97 of 141
It seems that the C2 is not much cheaper than the J3 and you also have the silly UI daily affirmations. Unless someone could get rid of those with a nice UI...

Jul 27, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #98 of 141

Quote:
It seems that the C2 is not much cheaper than the J3 and you also have the silly UI daily affirmations. Unless someone could get rid of those with a nice UI...

Currently on Amazon USA, a 16GB C2 is $149.99, and a 16GB J3 is $209.99. I'd call that a fairly significant price difference.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #99 of 141

Quote:
Currently on Amazon USA, a 16GB C2 is $149.99, and a 16GB J3 is $209.99. I'd call that a fairly significant price difference.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, first, when you're in for that much, $60 isn't much more. I mean, when you think of it, $60 is pocket change and so is anything short of several hundred dollars, especially these days. But of course I'm the type that no matter how much $$$ I have I still don't want to just throw it away (hence my "cheap" gear). So yea, $60 is significant in that sense, as well as that it is a large chunk relative to the overall sum of the device.

Second, I was really comparing the 8 gig J3 to this as that's all I need (I have cards already). Hell, 4 or 2 gigs would be ok. So the 8 gig J3 is $175 so now we are talking $25 which is no money at all, a movie for two without snacks, gone in less than 2 hours.

I didn't even see the C2 with 8 gigs. If that was around $100 though then that would be worth considering, though I'd pay the $75 more for a better UI without those stupid corny messages personally.

Dec 17, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #101 of 141
I just bought c2 with 4gb for $113 from mistertao.com and 32gb sandisk card for $40 from dealextreme.
i was considering also j3 4gb $170, but i decided that i save money, because
1)it has same SQ
2)it is smaller
3)i don't need better ui or bigger screen, because i have ipod touch, motorola defy+ and 7 inch tablet pc for videos

Apr 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #102 of 141
They had me at Micro SD card slot! I could care less about a crummy UI... I have a Zune HD for a nice OS experience and trust me it's NICE and SMOOTH but not FLAC support...

So Ultimately I'd love to get a C2 as a dedicated FLAC portable device, with the addition of the micro SD card I'm sure I can get plenty of music!

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #104 of 141
I bought a slightly used C2 for £50. I think, it was a good price. :) Previously I owned a Samsung P3, but the touch screen died after 2-3 years. So I had to find sg. The only thing matters to me is sound quality, the second thing is built quality. I do not care about video on 2-3 inch screen, or even bluetooth or anything. C2 has more clarity and detail, but smaller soundstage. Eq is more adjustable. Probably I will get used to it, but its not an euphoria after P3, as I expected. 

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #105 of 141
I like the physical buttons, the good battery life and the micro sd slot. So it worth anyway. Maybe I just got used to Samsungs coloured sound, and have to accept the fact, some more natural sound is better for me... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back