Cow Tipping...
Jun 27, 2006 at 6:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

imho

500+ Head-Fier
So, I am in a town with 8,000 people and 50,000 cows.

I saw "CARS" the movie 2 weeks ago and they were tipping cows in some podunk town.

So, I am in that podunk town and want to go cow tipping.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_tipping
(from what I have read thus far, I think it is a bunch of cow manure).

Cow tipping involves slowly creeping up to a cow that is sleeping and tipping it over (they did that in the movie, except it was tractors).

So, has anyone EVER tipped a cow or is it a suburban myth. I talked to the girl at the front desk who said she tried but did not succeed.

I need to get out of here. The entire town smells like feet and cow crap. Oh, and I need to get a new job. Three weeks on the road has worn me out.

Ugh!

Jun 27, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #3 of 50
Cow tipping is much harder then most people think. Not that I've tried or anything.... But it's also really bad for the cows. With that much weight falling over the cow can get seriously injuried.

Jun 27, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #4 of 50
Unfortunately, I have experienced cow tipping for myself. I had a bunch of friends when I was in high school that attended UCONN, which is a college in Connecticut that is literally in the middle of nowhere (just miles and miles of farm town). In my drunken adventures with these guys, they and their girlfriends decided to go out cow tipping. I and the rest of the non-UCONN students just sat and watched in awe. They make very terrible sounds when they hit the ground...

They tried and only succeeded twice. I really felt bad for the cows in retrospect. I was half-enjoying it due to my condition, but I was happy that I didn't actually participate in it myself. It's really terrible...

Jun 27, 2006 at 7:34 AM Post #5 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by imho
I need to get out of here. The entire town smells like feet and cow crap.
Ugh!

Me thinks you'll smell even more like feet and cow crap if you go cow tipping
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2006 at 9:08 AM Post #9 of 50
Yes, I know people who have done it. And no, that's not a sly way of saying that I have. I haven't, and wouldn't.

I do like taking pictures of cows, though. Great subject material.

Jun 27, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #10 of 50
You know, having grown up in the Midwest and having grown up with farm experience, I have not ever gone Cow Tipping before.

Although Grandpa Smith would not ever allow that if ever had cows. (he had mostly Pigs, and grew potato and strawberry crops.)

Jun 27, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #11 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
Unfortunately, I have experienced cow tipping for myself. I had a bunch of friends when I was in high school that attended UCONN, which is a college in Connecticut that is literally in the middle of nowhere (just miles and miles of farm town). In my drunken adventures with these guys, they and their girlfriends decided to go out cow tipping. I and the rest of the non-UCONN students just sat and watched in awe. They make very terrible sounds when they hit the ground...

They tried and only succeeded twice. I really felt bad for the cows in retrospect. I was half-enjoying it due to my condition, but I was happy that I didn't actually participate in it myself. It's really terrible...

Ah, UCONN...
smily_headphones1.gif
Only one more year
frown.gif

Jun 27, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #14 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
how do you tell when a cow is sleeping.

You see sheep jumping over it...
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #15 of 50
A cow-tipping is lot harder than you think and often you will fall face down in the pool of cow puddle
eek.gif
And there is a risk of being shot by a pump full of rock salt and a potential lawsuit by the angry farmer. Now having said that, back in 90's, I was against Flat Stanley a.k.a. un-flappable Stanley and I ended up eating the dirt. Later I was told that that particular cow has a perfect 43-0 (43 attempts and 0 success rate). Anyways, we knew the farmer, actually the farmer and our thesis advisor were drinking buddies. They double dared us and we fell for it (literally). Since we didn't succeed, we lost our wager (a bottle of 12 year old whiskey) and had to double the research/work load that week.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back