Cover for the Aristaeus by Gingko Audio
Mar 22, 2008 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

HugoFreire

500+ Head-Fier
Well, pictures just can't capture how beautiful the Aristaeus looks under that cover.
But I had to try, and here are some pics I took this afternoon.

arisfront.jpg

arispersp.jpg

arisback.jpg

Vinh (from Gingko Audio) surely makes amazing products and I can't recommend him more. The craftsmanship is just first rate and the finish of this cover is superb!

And the next cover will be for the power supply
cool.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #2 of 12
Both the amp and the cover look beautiful. However, I personally would never put a cover over hot tubes as heat is the enemy of tubes and electronics in general. You at least need some vent holes on the top or on sides near the top!

Mar 22, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #3 of 12
Looks great, for sure.
smily_headphones1.gif

Both the Aristaeus itself and the clear acrylic cover.

Mar 22, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both the amp and the cover look beautiful. However, I personally would never put a cover over hot tubes as heat is the enemy of tubes and electronics in general. You at least need some vent holes on the top or on sides near the top!

Thanks, Jon!

Actually, I never turn the amp on without removing the cover.
The whole point is to keep the amp away from dust when it's NOT being used.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 12
Here are my Gingko'ed Shanling triplets, the T100, T200 and T300, which are my primary sources for headphone listening.

I agree that Vihn Vu is a great guy to work with. The hexagon shaped dust cover and corresponding isolation platform for my T300 was a one-off project for him.

The custom T300 stuff took a lot more time and effort than he had expected it would, but he stuck with his agreed price (which wasn't cheap from my end, but apparently not all that much from his end, given the time involved in getting it right).

Mar 23, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #8 of 12
Wayne, your collection is impressive to say the least. This is the first time I've been able to visualize what you have posted about. It is much more organized than expected
wink.gif
The point of this post was to comment on the beauty of these custom covers. Thank you both for pointing me to the best source
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #10 of 12
Here are some nice pictures of the HE90 too!

orph.jpg

orph2.jpg

Mar 25, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #12 of 12
Another fan of Gingko Audio's products here. Vihn made me a custom dust cover for my Denon DP59-L Turntable, and the turntable sits on his Cloud 11 isolation platform. I recommend his stuff highly.

Hugo, your cover looks awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back