Counterfeited Headphones' List
Nov 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

squallkiercosa

Headphoneus Supremus
It's nearly impossible to track all sites selling fakes, but we can create a list of counterfeited headphones, IEMs floating around in order to avoid "deals too good to be true" from unverified sellers. We ask for your help in order to improve the list. Please add the website where you find it to keep a record.

All Beats are been counterfeited
Apple EarPods (gasp)
ATH - C100M
ATH - M50
ATH- CKM1000
Audio Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV (possible fake, not enough information )
Bose IE, AE2/i, OE2/i, SIE2I, Triport OE
Bose Quietcomfort
B&W C5
Bower & Wilkins P5
JBL J33
JVC HA-FX3X
Klipsch Image One, S4/i
klipsch x10
Marshall Major
Monster Diamond Tears
Monster Inspiration
Monster Tron T1
Monster Turbines
Pioneer HDJ - 2000 
Sennheiser CX-300-II
Sennheiser HD-598
Sennheiser IE-8
Sennheiser IE-80
Sennheiser IE-800
Sennheiser PMX80
Sennhesier Momentum
Shure E2C
Shure se535
Skullcandy Aviator, Navigator
SMS Street by 50 Cent on ear, in ear
Sol Republic 
Sony 7506 
Sony MDR-E888
Sony v6
Soul SL150, SL300, SL99, SL49
SteelSeries Siberia V2
Urbanears Plattan
V Moda Crossfade LP
Xiaomi Pistons

The best way to protect customers is educating them. We advice all of you to buy from authorized sellers and if you're looking for deals, there's a thread where you could subscribe and check periodically for legitimate deals.

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #2 of 30
Nov 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #3 of 30
Like some weeks before with the fake Sennheiser Momentums, I found a really awesome deal with Audio Technicas ATH-CKW1000ANV.

BUT this time I looked up the fake-database(aliexpress) and sadly found them.

Please add the CKW1000ANV to your list. :frowning2:

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #4 of 30
Most of monster cable products have counterfeits. I've heard fakes of the turbine coppers.
There are also counterfeits for the klipsch x10, sony v6 and sony 7506 and these are only the ones on top of my head. The list goes on and on...

Nov 29, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 30
The Shure E2C was my first counterfeit iem. I am not sure if this one is still produced. I think Shure discontinued them.

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #7 of 30
I wonder if headphone manufacturers have their own facilities in China or they just use other companies. Like FOXCONN makes Apple products. I think that if you make your stuff in China it is much easier for locals to take out the design and pass it on to other factories that then fake it. Shenzhen and surroundings have hundreds of these production line companies with industrial machinery for all sorts of plastic and metal stuff.

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #9 of 30
Like some weeks before with the fake Sennheiser Momentums, I found a really awesome deal with Audio Technicas ATH-CKW1000ANV.

BUT this time I looked up the fake-database(aliexpress) and sadly found them.

Please add the CKW1000ANV to your list.
frown.gif

Great Mushishi avatar by the way.  How can you tell  if the CKW1000 are phony? I see a pile of them on Yahoo Japan fairly low , good thing I checked here probably play it safe.

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #10 of 30
Great Mushishi avatar by the way.  How can you tell  if the CKW1000 are phony? I see a pile of them on Yahoo Japan fairly low , good thing I checked here probably play it safe.

Hmm that guy back then wanted to sell it for a little more than 100€. He could not tell me who or where it was bought... thats kind of strange, after I told him that I am afraid of fakes.

There was some vietnamese forum, i believe, where they showed of pictures of fake ones. I am writing now from my cell phone, after work I may search it up again.

And thanks :) Mushishi is a great anime. Cant wait for the new season in spring!

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #15 of 30
I think it's about 90% of the stuff on alibaba & aliexpress. It's either no-name $1 store items or fake. If I was looking for 1000 cheap headphones to give away as a promo prize, I *might* buy from those sites, otherwise, forget it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back