Counter-strike server for Head-Fiers?
Jan 6, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #17 of 97
Well it looks like Source has edged out 1.6 for more interest. I'll check back on here again later before I do, but I'll probably get the server activated and setup tonight to be ready to start this weekend.

Jan 6, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #18 of 97
I will be ready to go tonight!!!
eek.gif

Just finishing up the PC...

Jan 7, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #19 of 97
Well the server is up!!!
biggrin.gif
basshead.gif
biggrin.gif

The IP is 64.154.38.171:27015

I only quickly went through the server and mani configs to get things working, so all settings are subject to wild change. I'll be on and off the server tonight, so I hope to see some of you there!

Jan 7, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #22 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
come on its not terrible.

It is if you've been playing classic cs for the last 6 years..
580smile.gif

Honestly, I've tried playing Source numerous times, and each time I just can't bring myself to enjoy it. Everything is so much slower, the netcode and registration feels weird as hell, aiming is awful, model animations are awful, and... ugh. I'm sticking with 1.6 till Valve disowns it, lol.

Jan 7, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #23 of 97
1.6 is easier to me too, but I also played it way before source and for lots more time. Source with its different recoil and and crosshair crap is annoying at times.

Quote:

Everything is so much slower

I agree with that too.

Jan 7, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #25 of 97
I think most of the negative sentiments towards source comes from the fact that people have been playing CS so long that they've become accustomed to all its little details and quirks. While source is a huge change from 1.6, theres been the same attitude towards the new version every time one came out.

I've been away from CS long enough lately that I can look at the games a little more fairly than I would've before, and in my opinion they're both excellent. I think it's better to look at them as separate games, rather than two sequential versions of the same game, because of the significant differences in gameplay and pacing between the two.

The only change I want is that Valve make it mandatory for players to have and LISTEN TO sound. I can't stand having my team lose because of people not noticing an enemy running up beside or behind them.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #26 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz
I think it's better to look at them as separate games, rather than two sequential versions of the same game

Oh, believe me.. I don't view them as anything even remotely close to the same game.

There was discontent when they took out the unzoomed awp xhair in 1.1 (iirc), there was discontent when they slowed the game down in 1.5, there was discontent when they sorta randomized everything in 1.6, there was discontent when they nerfed the awp for no reason whatsoever right before Source was released.. but the one thing they never did was change the fundamental mechanics of the game.

cs:s isn't counter-strike - it lacks everything that made counter-strike the most popular mod out there. They sacrificed gameplay and functionality for visuals and newbie-friendliness.. oh well.

Jan 7, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #28 of 97
Come on and join people!! More BOTS than humans right now
frown.gif

Shall we say - 8:00 pm house full??

Everyone please come on at 8:00 pm tonight if you can. Just to hang out and sort out our HeadFi feuds
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL

Jan 7, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #29 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Come on and join people!! More BOTS than humans right now
frown.gif

Shall we say - 8:00 pm house full??

Everyone please come on at 8:00 pm tonight if you can. Just to hang out and sort out our HeadFi feuds
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL

Good idea. That's 8:00PM eastern, yes? Maybe then all the people who've posted in support of the server will come on
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back