Count me among MX500 many fans
Jan 17, 2003 at 4:26 AM Post #33 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by dokebi
I like my cheap sony mdr-e818's much better than the mx400. I'm sure it's me but the mx400 sounds dull in comparison.

Uh oh.. I just ordered MX400 because I hate the sound of my MDR-E818's.. I hope I'm not as dissappointed.

Jan 22, 2003 at 9:01 PM Post #37 of 48
ssblood, considering the only difference between the 400s and the 500s are volume control and color, i doubt it. besides, people have done frequency tests on both of them, and came out the same.

Jan 22, 2003 at 9:18 PM Post #38 of 48
I still feel there is a difference, just a matter of opinion if that's true, but to me something with a superior number is always better, my juvenile bigger is better thing
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2003 at 12:32 AM Post #40 of 48
For what it's worth, I a/b'd the 400s and 500s and found no discernable difference.

go figure...

Jan 28, 2003 at 8:09 AM Post #42 of 48
Ok, I was really close to tossing these in the trash, but i figured what the heck. I went to radio shack and picked up the larger foamies to see if they help that much...... I DID end up spending 270$ on etys because of you guys, so i might as well spend 2 bucks here.

I must say that the sound has improved immensely with these. I still find these rather bass shy, but the mids and highs are really good (amazing for an earbud). I'm definitely happy with the 22 dollars i dropped on these (that's including the foamies). Thanks guys.

I'm listening to some Garth Brooks on these and they handle it pretty well.

by the way..... if you're wondering why i listen to country, i only have one answer for you..... "why not?"

Jan 29, 2003 at 10:19 PM Post #43 of 48
Hi :)
I'm new here. Have read a lot in past weeks on this forum.
Wanted to know all there is to know about the senn mx500.
And now they are on order.
cool.gif

And as I read everything I noticed that you guy's aren't sure that there is a diffrence between the mx400 and 500 besides the volume control.
Well, I was wondering if you never visited the sennheiser website? Becauce there you can see in the specs they give that they are in fact different.
Wether they sound different I don't know. I just found it very strange that I have to pay €5 more (=is a bit more dan $5) for just a volume control.

Here are the links on the specs of the 400s and 500s wich tell you very little, just that there is a difference.

MX400

MX500

Jan 29, 2003 at 10:22 PM Post #44 of 48
The two specs are the exact same...

In the specs for the MX500, they have accidently switched the SPL and Freq. Response numbers. But other than that small formatting error, they are exactly the same.

Jan 29, 2003 at 10:30 PM Post #45 of 48
Welcome Lisa, and sorry about your wallet!!!

That's the traditional greeting around here. It's the first time I've got to do that.
biggrin.gif

I've listened to both, and have not been able to tell the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back