Could IEMs *ACTUALLY* change the world and history?
Mar 3, 2005 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

deafmutelame

100+ Head-Fier
I'm still hard at doing my research of custom fit IEMs and happened to find this...:

http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=3562

cool.gif

Mar 3, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 12
It was certainly interesting! I'm not sure how much of it is true, and don't trust much of what those responses say. I'd be interested to hear what some members of Head-Fi think of that.

Of course, this topic is probably a dead horse, and we could be just beating it again. But hey, the horse is dead, it doesn't care!

Mar 3, 2005 at 8:24 PM Post #3 of 12
There was a discussion about this in the Outside. To continue this discussion, you would have to assume that Bush actually did have an earpiece, and was being fed lines.

Mar 3, 2005 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 12
Technically.. "NO".. lol...

Because the earpieces that Bush supposedly worn, and the ones that news broadcasters have in their ears are called "IFB", not IEM. I'm not really sure what IFB stands for...

So technically, this question is now invalidated, because he's not wearing IEM's.. or wearing anything at all?.. Eh?..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 4, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
Because the earpieces that Bush supposedly worn, and the ones that news broadcasters have in their ears are called "IFB", not IEM. I'm not really sure what IFB stands for...:

An IFB earpiece helps director, producer and talent communicate in television work (the famous Secret Service look). This provides discrete audio cues to the talent and also prevents feedback to his local microphone.

IFB stands for Interruptible Fold Back. Almost every television talent carries their own with them at all times. Custom molds provides the best fit. These fit in the outside exterior of the ear, are clear in color, and should not be confused with IEM devices. You do have to choose which specific ear, since they are custom made.

They usually use an acoustical audio tube (either straight or coiled) that is attached to a earphone receiver that is hung on the back of your collar or below the jacket line, out of camera sight.

AudioImplements is one of the leading companies who make these for almost all on-camera talents. Check their website for examples and information. Technically, they call their devices Audioclarifiers.

http://www.audioimplements.com/

Mar 4, 2005 at 4:34 AM Post #8 of 12
er dont get me wrong.. i hate bush at much as the next guy, and by "as much as" i mean "more than".

But when i originally watched the debates and heard him say that i came to one quick conclusion:

in the debates, a sign would be held up or a light would go on or something when you had something like 30 seconds longer to speak, because each candidate was only allowed to speak for so long. when bush saw that light come on, he somehow felt threatened as if they were trying to silence him, and said "let me speak" even though he was allowed to speak for x seconds longer. Bush was too stupid to understand the light system and that's why he said it.

in my opinion.

Mar 4, 2005 at 4:45 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz
er dont get me wrong.. i hate bush at much as the next guy, and by "as much as" i mean "more than".

But when i originally watched the debates and heard him say that i came to one quick conclusion:

in the debates, a sign would be held up or a light would go on or something when you had something like 30 seconds longer to speak, because each candidate was only allowed to speak for so long. when bush saw that light come on, he somehow felt threatened as if they were trying to silence him, and said "let me speak" even though he was allowed to speak for x seconds longer. Bush was too stupid to understand the light system and that's why he said it.

in my opinion.

actually, no lights had gone on yet when he said that

This is the earpiece I would use in such a situation.

Mar 4, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #12 of 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back