Corsair HS1A (current) VS Sony MDR-V6
Jan 16, 2013 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

eedijs

New Head-Fier
Hi, so I have these Corsair HS1A headphones with a microphone which is basically a gaming headset and I'm willing to buy a good headphone up to 80$ max and found these Sony MDR-V6. How do you think mine would compare to these?
I never really had good headphones so what should I do? Would they even sound better at all?

Jan 16, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #2 of 9
Are you gaming? or want something to enjoy the music? 
can you list your genres, and where are you plugging them to? 

Jan 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:
Are you gaming? or want something to enjoy the music? 
can you list your genres, and where are you plugging them to? 

Yes, I am gaming but I would like to listen to music on PC, so I want headphones mainly for music. I usually don't listen to music on my PC just because my headphones sound quality is not clear and bass is almost non existent. I bought that headset mainly because I wanted a microphone, which was a mistake.

I listen to dubstep, trance, house, some old school hip hop, electronic.

edit: I have spent a few days searching this forum, but I still can't decide what should I buy or what I shouldn't buy. 

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #6 of 9
The XB500 or 600 may suit you better since your choices of music are quite bass heavy. The V6's bass goes decently deep but there is not much rumble to speak of. They excel at instrumentals but are not that good for dubstep and the like since they can get bright at times.

Jan 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #7 of 9
Cad Audio MH310 clear sounding with deep extending bass that will give you very solid impact and rubmle even without eq and its soundstage is pretty big for a closed HP and has decent imaging so its good for gaming as well.  Defiantly a better choice then V6 for the music your listening to and gaming.  If you can eq the V6 bass up its quite nice souding as it does go pretty deep(not as deep as the MH310) just lacking in quanitity and the mids and highs are good but sound stage is very small so not very good for gaming and the MH310 will be easier to eq up if you find it lacking.

The only issue with the MH310 is comfort the earpads are fine and the headband does a good jump or resting over you head and spreading pressure evenly but there like a vice grip when you first get them.  Leave them stretching out on a bookshelf speaker or some text books for a few days when there not in use to reduce that.

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #9 of 9
Thanks for a Topic involving one of my failed headsets.  I had both; have to recommend the Sony® MDR-V6, as it is RELIABLE. The Corsair® HS-1A ships with a poorly designed harness with undersized conductors; I'd be surprised if it lasted you six months - I only got three from mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back