Corinne Bailey Rae...
Mar 6, 2006 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Cjattwood

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone else currently listening to her fantastic debut album? I really love her voice, it's very laid-back and summery, the whole album is pretty damn good, I've listened to it way too much over the last few days
tongue.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #2 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjattwood
Anyone else currently listening to her fantastic debut album? I really love her voice, it's very laid-back and summery, the whole album is pretty damn good, I've listened to it way too much over the last few days
tongue.gif

Yeah a really good introductory album by Corrine Bailey Rae made all the beter when you realise its not some sort of Country & Western act.
Tina Dico is another relative newcommer worth listening too and she's got a UK tour planned for April.

Mar 6, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #3 of 16
Just looked up and heard some of Tina Dico's songs off of her "Far" album; it sounds pretty good, I'll be sure to check her out, thanks for the recommendation
580smile.gif

Oct 9, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 16
I'd never heard of her before. I was thoroughly impressed by her performance on SNL, though.

Anyone else?

Oct 9, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #5 of 16
"Corrine". (thread title corrected
wink.gif
)

Yup, she seems cool. Very classy style. Hadn't heard her b4 either.

Oct 9, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #6 of 16
I heard her on a local station a couple weeks ago, great voice! I haven't picked up her CD yet but it's on my long wishlist at Amazon
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #7 of 16
My wife bought her CD the other day. I was pleasantly surprised. A few very memorable tunes.

Oct 9, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #8 of 16
[size=xx-small]Turns out I can't spell either![/size]
wink.gif

I meant "Corinne"

Doh!

Oct 9, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 16
She was great, and she was cute as a button as well.

I'm gonna have to see if she's got anything available at yourmusic.com.

Oct 10, 2006 at 6:51 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6
She was great, and she was cute as a button as well.

I'm gonna have to see if she's got anything available at yourmusic.com.

Yeah! I thought she was beautiful, myself. She did have some funky growths on her chin, though.
eek.gif

I was reading the bio of her on her homepage. She was "obsessed with Led Zeppelin" as a teenager. That's pretty awesome. I might just buy her CD now (even if my friends call me a WOMAN).

Oct 10, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo
She did have some funky growths on her chin, though.
eek.gif

I noticed those too, but I didn't feel they really detracted from her overall cuteness.

I hadn't heard that about her being obsessed with Zep. That does make her a little more intriguing. You can't really hear a lot of Zep influence in the songs she sang on SNL, at least I didn't hear any.

She doesn't have anything on yourmnusic.com, I'll have to wait a bit to pick up her disc, but she is definitely on my list...

Oct 16, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #13 of 16
[size=xx-small]Picked this up today at BestBuy[/size]

Not a landmark event, but well worth the $7.99 price of admission (this week).

Oct 19, 2006 at 11:39 AM Post #14 of 16
Anyone catch her on Conan O'Brien last night? She was great, and is totally adorable (and I didn't notice anything funky about her chin).

Oct 19, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Anyone catch her on Conan O'Brien last night? She was great, and is totally adorable (and I didn't notice anything funky about her chin).

Yep... saw her on Conan. Of course, I would have seen anybody perform on Conan, as I watch every night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back