Corda Move vs Hornet M for DT990 Pro
Dec 3, 2007 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Shahrose

Headphoneus Supremus
which one of these 2 amps is better? comparing bass, treble, midrange, (especially interested in bass), and power (to drive 250 ohm fullsize cans).

i saw the review by skylab, but he doesn't do a direct comparison between the hornet M and the Move. please, any help/comments would be appreciated.

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 8
This one is pretty simple in my eyes. The Hornet M and Tomahawk were made in mind for IEMs. The move was made using Beyerdynamics. The Hornet has more of a 2D wide soundstage where as the Move extends more forward and back according to most. I've owned the DT990 and Corda Move through the iMod and know that it produces plenty of everything you've asked for. It really seems like its the portable amp made for it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 8
thanks a lot manaox2. answered my question more clearly than i was expecting it to be answered
smily_headphones1.gif

would you say the arietta is a better choice as a powerful amp for the beyers (compared to the move), since i will be using it at home? i don't plan to carry it around with me.

Dec 4, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks a lot manaox2. answered my question more clearly than i was expecting it to be answered
smily_headphones1.gif

would you say the arietta is a better choice as a powerful amp for the beyers (compared to the move), since i will be using it at home? i don't plan to carry it around with me.

Oh gosh yes. The arietta sounds about the same as the catante according to skylab and others, better soundstaging and power then the move. It is a better amp pretty much all around for sound I believe and its the same price range.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #6 of 8
Dec 4, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #7 of 8
The previous comments mirror my experience with the DT990 and desktop amps. My DT990 sounds better (magical?) with the Corda HA-2 MkII SE than other comparable desktop amps I own.

Dec 4, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #8 of 8
thx for all the help guys.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back