Corda Move, Only 4 amplifiers left!?!
Oct 24, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #3 of 11
A new Move with rechargeable feature as well as a better jack?
wink.gif

Oct 24, 2007 at 11:14 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A new Move with rechargeable feature as well as a better jack?
wink.gif

Is the rechargeabilty a confirmed feature? Can v1s be updated to v2?

Just got my Move and noticed it cant charge batteries. I somehow though it a really regular feature and Move has it, but was suprised it cant...
frown.gif

And yeah, I have been away from headphones and amps so I was cut out of this info...
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2007 at 11:14 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just checking on http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/

It says only 4 amps left...

Is the Move being discontinued, or is this just a temporary shortage? Or maybe a successor?

Since it's been getting beaten up on its DAC as of late perhaps that could be a driver towards replacement. Pluggable DIP modules would also go over well with some folks to allow tuning the amp to their tastes. A little more room for plugs in the front would be appreciated too.

I'm sure others will add to the wishlist.

Oct 24, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the rechargeabilty a confirmed feature? Can v1s be updated to v2?

Just got my Move and noticed it cant charge batteries. I somehow though it a really regular feature and Move has it, but was suprised it cant...
frown.gif

And yeah, I have been away from headphones and amps so I was cut out of this info...
smily_headphones1.gif

Rechargeability ain't an issue with me since I use it most of the time connected to the computer in my office (and praise Jan for including a useful DAC so I don't have to suffer with the on-board sound). I'm still on the same 9V Energizer that I started using some 2 months back. Not bad considering I still clock a daily average of 30-45 minutes of use on the bus.

Oct 24, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #7 of 11
My guess is that the Move was more popular than Jan expected, and his original quantity that he had built (by Shanling) is almost gone. This is just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if he tweaks the design in a couple of ways and then a new version is made available.

Then again, maybe he will just order more of the current design, or is working on something TOTALLY different
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #8 of 11
I did get a hint from Jan awhile ago that he will be coming out with a new portable amp with a better DAC in 3-4 Months so this can be a sign that he's really doing it. I did not ask for specs for it since its pretty early for it and i'm sure he wont tell me bout it anyway :)

Oct 26, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #10 of 11
Yes I believe the move is getting a successor due to be released in the Feb '08 timeframe. I'm told it'll be a bit smaller than the current move and will have a better USB dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back