Corda HA-2, RKV MKII, Sugden Headmaster?
Feb 28, 2003 at 7:44 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
Melos is out of business, but there are a lot of their amps on the used market. They were designed for the older Grado's, specifically the HP-1000 series. The newer Grado's don't really take to the Melos SHA-1 the same way, IMO

Gotta disagee. I haven't heard the Melos with HP1's, but I really liked the combo of RS-2's and the Melos, better than the combo of the Melos and Hd600/Cardas or RKV and 600's.

Feb 28, 2003 at 7:59 PM Post #17 of 18
Well if I do get a tube amp, is there anything I need to buy to compliment it (more tubes, for example)? I don't really know anything about tube amps, so maybe a guide would help...? And also, Zanth, you said it would be hard to sell the amp if I didn't like it, why is that?

Thanks,

~!~ Fizzmix ~!~

Feb 28, 2003 at 8:11 PM Post #18 of 18
Fizzmix: Now that there is the HA-2, Prehead for commercial amps, the Gilmore for semi-commercial/DIY and the Meta...I think the SS department is pretty much cornered. Headroom and the boys above do very well and Sugden has had dealer and distributor issues. The sound is good, don't get me wrong, and a carlo-modded unit will be heavenly I am sure...but given what is above and that the HA-2/Prehead and Gilmore are both better than the Headmaster, I would think most would run to those rather than by a seconddhand Sugden. Just my $.02 but something to keep in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back