Corda Aria for Sennheiser Hd595: too much??
Jan 24, 2006 at 12:41 PM Post #16 of 18
375€ within the european union, and i guess 325€ for orders outside the EU

Jan 30, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #18 of 18
As promised some thoughts about the Aria:

Well first the result: AWESOME!!!!
As you can read above i used my Senns with a solid-state Sony amp before. I always thought that this already sounded good.
But it's nowhere near the quality the Aria is able to produce. Now the Sony amp sounds like a piece of crap to me. I honestly don't know, how i could listen to it before, and have thought it to sound gooD
icon10.gif

The Aria improves the soundstage very much. what helps the soundstage even more, is the build-in crossfeed filter. It opens the sondstage even more, and makes it able to identify single instruments even better. And it makes long listening sessions less fatiguing. For example i couldn't stand to listen to some Beatles songs on cd, due to the hard separation of the channels (which were added to their original mono recordings afterwards. thats why some people only listen to the original mono versions on vinyl). With the crossfeed filter, the channels are of course still seperated, but it brings them, up to a certain degree, kind of "together", without affecting the soundstage.
unfortunately, the Aria has only the low level of the crossfeed filter build in. With the bigger Cordas you have two more levels to choose from.

Clarity is improved as well. For example i was listening to Dvorak's "Allegro moderato from Concerto in B minor for Cello and Orchestra, Op. 104" from the great Yo-Yo Ma cd "The Essential". Mas Cello sounds now much fuller, and much more defined.
In comparison with my old amp, it's like listening to it through a curtain, kind of muffeld, much thinner, way less detail.

For every owner of the HD595 (50ohms) who thinks: "hey it's so easy to drive, i don't need an amp!"
You haven't heard even half of the HD595's potential.

But now i have another problem: I think my CD-player is now the weak link in my chain..............
Any input on this would be appreciated here: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160302
See, i'm already searching. this place makes you do things..... my poor wallet
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back