Cord too long.
Apr 10, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverPilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I described how to do it an earlier post, although it can be difficult at first.
blink.gif

My Senn is not used to being in that position because I keep it together with a cable wrap near my desk. For portables, I think you may be better off keeping it in the chain as opposed to bending the cable back and forth or wrapping it really tight in a turtle. The chain uses a natural coil of the cable and you can adjust the size of the loops if you want as well.

This is a good way to look cool while walking around outside besides getting a flashy recable job done.
cool.gif

Do you ever have a problem with the loops pulling tight?

Apr 11, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #32 of 36
I don't walk around with my Senn's outside, but it should not be a problem unless the cord becomes too short. 2 feet should be just fine if you keep your portable in your pants' pocket.

The chain loop also keeps the whole cable from becoming tangled, which happened quite frequently with my KSC-75's. The shorter length is perfect for a shirt or jacket pocket.

Apr 11, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #33 of 36
Another good option is to fold your cable twice into 3 equal-length sections and braid it. This is done by first folding the cable 1/3 of the way down the cable, up towards the phones, then folding the remaining 1/3 downward, so the plug is at the bottom. Then braid all the way from the top, and suddenly your 10' cable is only about 3'4" long, with a rather aesthetically pleasing braid.

Apr 11, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another good option is to fold your cable twice into 3 equal-length sections and braid it. This is done by first folding the cable 1/3 of the way down the cable, up towards the phones, then folding the remaining 1/3 downward, so the plug is at the bottom. Then braid all the way from the top, and suddenly your 10' cable is only about 3'4" long, with a rather aesthetically pleasing braid.

sounds easy, got a pic of this done?

Apr 18, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #36 of 36
SilverPilot posted what is commonly known as the "Electrician's Braid." Any decent book on knots will have plenty of instruction on how to do it (check your library). Alternatively, a Google search pulls up quite a few websites with diagrams. It's really not very difficult.

- Warren

Users who are viewing this thread

Back