Cord too long.
Apr 7, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #18 of 36
10-foot cord? No problem.

555cableca0.jpg

Works on portables too:

ksc75mv7.jpg

Apr 7, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #20 of 36
I figured someone was going to ask. You start like you are making a knot near the headphone end. Instead of inserting the plug end like in a normal knot, you make a loop with a the slack and insert that loop through the hole. You keep inserting a loop inside the loop until you run out of cable. At the end, you actually insert the plug to tie the knot. The best part is that you can uncoil the whole strand by undoing the last part near the plug and pulling on the cable until it uncoils again. The 10 foot cable become a manageable 2 foot one.

I hope that explains it. Enjoy Easter as we celebrate the glorious resurrection.

Apr 8, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #22 of 36
@SilverPilot: seems like a great idea! but wouldn'd coiling the stock cable so tightly affect the wires in the long run? i've disliked the length of the cable on my HD595 as well and am thinkin about cutting the cord and reterminating it in a 1/8 plug.

Apr 9, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #24 of 36
I described how to do it an earlier post, although it can be difficult at first.
blink.gif

My Senn is not used to being in that position because I keep it together with a cable wrap near my desk. For portables, I think you may be better off keeping it in the chain as opposed to bending the cable back and forth or wrapping it really tight in a turtle. The chain uses a natural coil of the cable and you can adjust the size of the loops if you want as well.

This is a good way to look cool while walking around outside besides getting a flashy recable job done.
cool.gif

Apr 10, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #26 of 36
Scissors, wire stripper, soldering iron, heatshrink and whatever plug you're going to terminate it in. All in all, you can do it on the cheap for about 20 bucks, but that soldering iron is going to be a total piece if you don't get it from somewhere better than radio shack. It's not a major operation, but it's not exactly plug n' play either

Apr 10, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #27 of 36
WOW !

That is the post of the month !

Congrats !
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #29 of 36
Actually, I just attempted Silver's knot method on my HD 595's and it solved all my problems. Pretty clever, and very resourceful. No more re-termination necessary. However, in grand Head-Fi tradition, the re-termination shall still occur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back