copying files from iPod question
Apr 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

johnnylexus

500+ Head-Fier
I have an old non-imod version of an iPod that is Windows based.  It has a couple dozen audio books on it.  The computer that it was synced to stopped working about a month ago. 

A few days a ago I connected it to my new Windows computer which has iTunes on it.  The computer did not recognize it.  Let's say I want to add some new music to this iPod.  When it is connected to this new computer, iTunes basically acts like the only way to add new music is to erase everything that is currently on the iPod.

I do not want to lose these audio books.  Is there any way to copy them from the iPod back to the new computer?

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I do not want to lose these audio books.  Is there any way to copy them from the iPod back to the new computer?

Its been a while, but I think you can use Senuti for Mac and Yamipod for windows.  

Then, once you have transferred the audiobooks to the new computer, reformat the ipod to "manually manage" checkbox in itunes and put whatever you want on it - and you'll be able to add things from other Windows computers as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back