Coolest headphones for summer?
Jun 17, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #18 of 29
There's, of course, one that's even better than the PortaPro and that's the Sony PFR-V1, if it can be classed as a headphone that is.

Jun 25, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #25 of 29
On ear: KSC75 Parts Express mod

Over ear: K501 with original pads

Jun 25, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #26 of 29
I have never owned the Porta Pro so I can't comment on those. I grab my Grado's on hot days, they are very light and the pads sit on my ear not over it so I get plenty of air flow in and around my ears.

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #27 of 29
I have to say the clear winner so far is KSC75, hands down.  And they sound surprisingly good also, even though that wasn't the primary focus here.  When you consider the price and the warranty, they're really hard to be in terms of value.

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #28 of 29
I have to say the clear winner so far is KSC75, hands down.  And they sound surprisingly good also, even though that wasn't the primary focus here.  When you consider the price and the warranty, they're really hard to be in terms of value.

I agree, but the warranty isn't worth much because you have to pay at least the shipping so you might as well buy a new one. The headband mod makes it last longer as there's less stress on the cables from putting it on and taking it off.

Jun 28, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #29 of 29
I agree, but the warranty isn't worth much because you have to pay at least the shipping so you might as well buy a new one. The headband mod makes it last longer as there's less stress on the cables from putting it on and taking it off.

Great points, but it is amazing that they sound as good as they do for the price.  KSC75 are really pretty cheap online.  And they are definitely cool.  They're light also. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back